Job title: Career Technical & Agricultural Education Teacher (Cosmetology) – Macon YDC – Macon, GA (NSC)
Company: State of Georgia
Location: Macon, GA
Career Technical & Agricultural Education Teacher (Cosmetology) – Macon YDC – Macon, GA (NSC) Job Details:
The Career Technical and Agricultural Education teacher for the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice is responsible for preparing students for careers that require a specific set of skills in addition to pursuing post-secondary degrees. Teaching students in the detention setting involves providing students with hands-on experience and exposure with the equipment and technology they will use in their chosen careers upon graduation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Establish and enforce rules of behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
· Monitor students’ safe use of tools and equipment.
· Design hands-on lesson plans that allow for students to learn how to use tools, equipment, technology, and techniques necessary to perform the tasks required of the job.
· Develop teaching aids to accompany hands-on work by creating visual aids, providing in-class assignments, developing study guides, and providing lists of resources for in-class use.
· Create and administer oral, written and performance exams that allow the teacher to evaluate the effectiveness of the lesson plans and the progress of the students to determine which information needs further teaching.
· Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and
· Maintain and organize student records, such as grades, assignments, and performance evaluations.
· Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
· Prepare students for later educational experiences by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
· Meet with students and stakeholders to discuss students’ progress, address concerns, answer questions, provide constructive feedback and determine how students can further benefit from classes in the future.
· Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Associate’s degree or certification/experience in field related to courses taught.
· Bachelor’s degree and a clear renewable certificate in field related to courses taught preferred.
· Minimum three (3) years progressive experience teaching in a technical college or other school settings
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma with Valid Master Cosmetologist license issued by GA.
State Board of Cosmetology
CERTIFICATIONS: Preferred Certifications: GaPSC Associates, T-4, or higher certification in
Cosmetology with passing score on the Educator Ethic Assessment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
· Normal Classroom Environment
· Understanding of detention operations
· Standing for long periods of time while students are in class.
· Lifting and moving small equipment as needed
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
This document provides descriptive information about the above Department of Juvenile Justice Schools position. Work performed by incumbents in this position may vary. Although this document may be used for recruiting, staffing, or career planning, the information contained herein should only be used as a guideline or recommendation for the content of and qualifications for this position. An individual’s ability to meet the qualifications described in this document is not a guarantee of employment or promotion. The Department of Juvenile Justice reserves the right to make changes to this document as deemed necessary without providing advance written notice.
Salary commensurate with experience.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply for the job now!