Job title: Boom Truck Driver/Operator
Company: Rahns Concrete
Location: Collegeville, PA
Boom Truck Driver/Operator Job Details:
Rahns Concrete, a partner of H&K Group, Inc. is looking for a Boom Truck Driver/Operator to join our Precast Department in Collegeville, PA. The boom truck driver/operator will load and unload the truck using the knuckle boom. Experience is preferred but willing to train the right candidate. The ideal candidate is detail oriented and reliable.
Why work for Rahns and H&K Group, Inc.?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 100% Company-paid Health Benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
- Tuition reimbursement programs available to qualifying employees for approved programs
- Additional training programs including on the job, online through H&K Academy, manufacturer offered training, and more
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all work according to OSHA, DOT, and H&K Safety policies
- Drives truck to destination
- Prepares receipts for load pick up
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations and company policy
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions
- Loads and unloads truck using the knuckle boom
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water
- Performs daily pre and post trip of vehicle
- Tarps all loads when public roadway travel is necessary
- Trims all loads prior to tarping when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) from an accredited educational institution
- Valid class B CDL and medical card
- Good driving record
- 1 year of experience tri-axle driver
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able and willing to work nights and weekends, and be adaptable to start time and schedule based on business needs
- Problem solving
- Ability to fit test & utilize appropriate PPE as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements (movement, lifting, as relevant to job)
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- Class A CDL
- 3 years of experience tri-axle driver
- Strong preference for 2 years or more experience driving a Boom Truck
- Experience working in a quarry, heavy civil construction, or other outdoor industrial setting
- Strong preference for concrete transportation and manufacturing
- OSHA or other relevant safety certification
- Regularly required to
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Frequently required to
- Stand, walk, or sit
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to
- Moving, mechanical parts
- Fumes and airborne particles
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Regularly requires night and weekend work and a 60-hour work week during the busy season
- Noise level is usually loud
Rahns Concrete is a major supplier of ready-mix and precast concrete products to eastern Pennsylvania (PA) and the surrounding three-state (NY, NJ, and DE) region. Rahns currently operates eight permanent ready-mix concrete plants across eastern PA. Additionally, we own and operate portable ready-mix plants which can be set up anywhere throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region to provide on-site ready-mix products for large construction projects. Rahns also manufactures precast concrete products at its Rahns, PA location and produces all standard precast products. Rahns can also fabricate large custom precast structures for bridges, box culverts, and other complex civil structures.
The H&K Group, Inc. provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency, and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction, and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K’s strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication, and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
Final determination on pay will be made by company leadership consistent with the scope of work and considering the candidates’ education, experience, skills, past performance, demonstrated leadership, and influence.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
100% Company-Paid Health Benefits!
Apply for the job now!