Job Position: Assistant General Manager – Pickford & Black
Company: Murphy Hospitality Group
Expected salary: $44000 – 48000 per year
Location: Halifax, NS
Assistant General Manager – Pickford & Black Job Details:
At Murphy Hospitality Group, we pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of quality service and products. It takes the best people to reach this higher standard of excellence. We believe in extensive training and providing our people with an excellent benefits program, competitive wages, advancement, and professional development opportunities. At MHG, it is all about the people!
Pickford & Black
Pickford and Black is a high-volume restaurant located on the waterfront of downtown Halifax. Our Kitchen team strives to use the best of what the Maritimes has to offer to create a delicious menu that incorporates not only amazing fresh seafood, but also farm-fresh local produce, meats, and poultry.
The Assistant Manager will work under the direction of the General Manager and with the front-of-house management team taking an active role in all aspects of restaurant operations, including, staffing, scheduling, cost controls, staff training, and administration. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for overseeing team members and taking an active role during daily service, consistently providing quality service to our guests.
As Assistant General Manager, You Will
- Demonstrate and communicate the Pickford & Black vision to all team members and lead by example.
- Ensuring team members provide a memorable guest experience through coaching and fostering a positive working culture by reinforcing the MHG values daily, exciting team members with their positive nature.
- Work with the General Manager and management team to meet all projected goals when it comes to restaurant operations and the vision of MHG including marketing, human resources, financials, and cost controls.
- Encourage a culture that revolves around memorable guest experiences, craft beer, and quality food.
- Train and develop team members in various positions within the front-of-house.
- Guest and team member management through conflict resolution and problem-solving.
- Work for maximum efficiency and continual improvement of staff productivity.
- Perform all front-of-the-house duties as needed, including hosting, bartending serving, and expediting.
- Build and maintain authentic relationships with guests and team members.
Who You Are
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, juggling different priorities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Passion for creating memorable guest experiences.
- A goal-oriented individual with a desire for personal and professional development within the hospitality industry.
What You Bring
- 2 years of experience working in a full-service high-volume restaurant.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in business or hospitality is an asset.
- 1+ years of experience in front-of-the-house restaurant management considered a strong asset.
What We Offer
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- Employee Family Assistance Programs.
- Comprehensive Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits.
- MHG Wellness & Fitness programs.
- Discounts from local shops and MHG locations.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Assistant General Manager – Pickford & Black Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Assistant General Manager – Pickford & Black Vacancies in Canada.