Job title: Arts Conservatory Choir Director / Director of Musical – French American International School
Company: FRENCH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Expected salary: $43.75 per hour
Location: San Francisco, CA
Arts Conservatory Choir Director / Director of Musical – French American International School Job Details:
French American + International is a PK-12 independent school in San Francisco. Founded in 1962, the school is a multicultural, multilingual educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of the city. Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the French American International School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance.
Mission and Values
Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds. Together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident, and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, and Curiosity.
Working at French American + International opens up a myriad of opportunities – both personal and professional. Critical to our Strategic Plan in creating a proud, engaged community, we appreciate our faculty and staff by fostering a community of ongoing learning, respect, and collegiality and by providing competitive compensation and benefits. It is also of paramount importance to us that we continue to foster an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we build a school community of individuals who are an actual representation of the world we live in.
- General oversight and direction of a 15-25 person chorus, composed of students in grades 9-12, which meets and rehearses year-round, and performs at the major concerts, as well as some school events.
- Holding sign-ups and/or auditions for the chorus in early September, in collaboration with the arts team. Typically, this has included having students sign-up for lunchtime and/or after-school audition slots, on certain days between August 30-September 8.
- From mid-September onwards, holding chorus twice/week in the afternoons. (The exact days could be determined in collaboration with the incoming Director of Upper School Music; previously, this was 3:45-5:30 on Mondays and Tuesdays). Including some lee-way for set-up this would be about 4 hours/week of contact time. An additional hour/week could be budgeted for preparation and administrative tasks (such as email, coordinating with music director or selecting music)
- Developing 2-3 songs for sharing at each of the three major concerts: Songs for Senegal; Winter Concert and Spring Concert.
- For each of these concerts, about 10 additional hours per concert should be planned for (planning time, 1-2 dress rehearsals, the concert itself.)
Salary for this position: $43.75 per hour
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
French American International School is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation, and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual, and bicultural students, faculty, and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQI)
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!