Job title: Adjunct Professor of Physics
Company: George Fox University – Faculty
Location: Newberg, OR
Adjunct Professor of Physics Job Details:
George Fox University announces a part-time, adjunct faculty position in physics, to begin in the fall or spring semester, as needed. The College of Engineering is seeking an instructor who is enthusiastic about educating the next generation of engineering and science students in our growing programs.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God’s truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.
- Primary teaching responsibilities involve lecture and/or lab sections of General Physics. Other courses may also be available.
- Course Description: General Physics (4 hours) Mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, wave motion and optics, and modern physics. Three lectures and one lab per week.
- B.S. or higher is required in physics, engineering, or another related field.
- Previous teaching experience in related fields is desirable (but not required).
- Excellent professional, interpersonal, organization, and communication skills.
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the
and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the . * Candidates must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S. When employed by George Fox University, employees of George Fox University must be a resident of one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, New York, Ohio, or Texas.
Application Procedures – kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay*
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Review of applications will begin at once and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to John Natzke, Chair of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department, .
*INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries).
Apply for the job now!