Job Position: Accountant
Company: Agri Talent
Location: St George, QLD
Accountant Job Details:
10th January, 2024
Our client is a well-known and highly reputable agribusiness that operate across the cotton, cropping and livestock spheres.
They’ve solidified their position as an employer of choice in the St. George region by consistently investing in not only their farming infrastructure and assets but also their staff and the local community.
With a proven track record exceeding two decades, they’re committed to maximising value through sustainable farming practices, innovation, and continuous growth.
This is no ordinary Accountant role. This position offers exceptional diversity and career development opportunities, ideal for an ambitious individual seeking personal and professional progression. You’ll be the key on-farm accounts contact, working closely with the remote bookkeeper and supported by a seasoned consultant (CFO) who’s been with the operation for over 15 years.
Collaborating closely with the General Manager and a permanent team of 15, you’ll contribute beyond traditional accounting responsibilities and system improvements. Furthermore, you will also be given the opportunity to engage in diverse projects ranging from CAPEX/OPEX optimisation to ESG initiatives, tailored to your interests.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to –
- Oversee the preparation of annual budgets, financial reviews, long-term plans, and financial statements.
- Maintain rolling forecasts for proactive financial planning.
- Generate and distribute insightful monthly and quarterly financial management reports.
- Monitor performance using comprehensive financial controls and analysis.
- Assist the management team with CAPEX and investment proposals, ensuring sound financial decisions.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities to streamline operations and maximise profitability.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Relocation assistance
- Work vehicle with personal use (within reason)
- 3-bedroom house in town (St George)
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Mentorship and support and career development
- Close-knitted regional community with amenities and schools
Our ideal candidate will be analytical, hands-on and commercially minded, with good fundamental knowledge of management accounting.
To be successful in this role, it is important you can address the following criteria –
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce or Accounting
- Genuine interest in the rural and farming industry
- Willingness to obtain further qualifications – CA/CPA
- Proficient in management accounting processes
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Xero experience will be highly regarded
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian and NZ agribusinesses. Our extensive network connects high-calibre candidates with diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia’s agriculture sector.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Sai Yan on 0427 715 619 or Nick Marchant on 0476 884 936.