Job Position: 1st Cook
Company: Great Canadian Gaming
Location: Moncton, NB
1st Cook Job Details:
About this Role
Under the direction of the Executive Chef and the supervision of our Culinary management Team, the 1st Cook position is responsible for maintaining the smooth and efficient operation of all sections on the line and serving areas through effective time management, overall professionalism and poise. The 1st Cook is responsible for providing gracious level of customer service to ensure guest satisfaction in a high-volume establishment. This role must contribute to a safe and welcoming work environment and must lead by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues! Under 2 – Red Seal Certified Chefs, this position offers an opportunity to learn and grow in the culinary arts and develop the supervisory and kitchen management skills for your future career advancement goals.
What you’ll get to DO!
- Responsible for preparing all menu items with strict adherence to menu and ingredients specifications;
- Ensure inventory levels are maintained;
- Evaluate kitchen procedures and processes and make recommendations for implementation and improvements as required;
- Create and cost daily specials;
- Direct the line and be accountable for the success of each shift;
- Prepare, setup, stock up and tear down buffet as instructed;
- Prepare salads, sandwiches, dressings, sauces, vegetables, fruits and other food items in accordance with specific recipes;
- Reheat soups, crock pots and gravy as required;
- Work co-operatively with other kitchen personnel to prepare hot and cold appetizers for the buffet and restaurant outlets;
- Assist with preparing meat, seafood and raw food items in accordance with established recipes and food safety standards;
- Assist in preparing food items for catering and special events;
- Comply with food safety regulations and ensure all temperature logs are completed accurately;
- Control food waste and spoilage;
- Responsible for restocking items as required;
- Clean and sanitize workstation before and after food preparation;
- Inspect work area daily and report any hazards and/or defective equipment;
- Comply with all health and safety requirements including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required;
- Perform other duties as required by management.
What you’ll need to be Successful!
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field;
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive kitchen experience;
- Completion of Food Safety Certificate;
- Supervisory experience an asset;
- Strong knife handling skills;
- Must be WHMIS certified;
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of food safety requirements;
- Ability to perform tasks effectively and safely within prescribed time limits;
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team;
- Working towards RED SEAL certification or desire to grow in the culinary arts
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be 19 years of age or older
What’s in it for you?
- Fast paced with multiple priorities, deadlines and deliverables;
- This role requires extended period of standing, walking, bending and may lift up to 35 lbs.
- The role requires a flexible schedule that adapts to business needs, and will have non-traditional work hours including holidays, evening, overnight or weekend shifts.