Job title: WildFire Water Solutions – Crew Members, Crew Leads, & Supervisors
Company: Wildfire Water Management, LLC
Expected salary: $21 – 40 per hour
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
WildFire Water Solutions – Crew Members, Crew Leads, & Supervisors Job Details:
Do you have water transfer experience—oil and gas, agricultural, or industrial? Are you in great physical shape? Want to be a part of something bigger? Do you want to help protect people and our national treasures while utilizing the skills you have developed over years of hard work? Then join WildFire Water Solutions today!
WildFire Water Solutions is looking for seasonal and full-time experienced water transfer crew members, crew leads, and supervisors to join their cutting-edge team of dedicated, water and wildland fire-trained personnel to provide custom-designed and engineered water delivery solutions to active and potential wildland fire areas. Use your knowledge and skills to work alongside people just like you—wildland firefighters who aren’t afraid of a challenge and love the adventure that every day of this rewarding work brings.
**As a condition of employment, you will be required to achieve an arduous rating on the “Pack Test (WCFT),” which requires you to walk 3 miles with a 45-pound backpack in 45 minutes or less**
- $21 – $40 per hour depending on experience
- Top Tier Benefits – Medical, dental, & vision coverage in addition to company-paid life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Scheduled days on/off with paid travel to work locations
Essential job duties and functions include, but are not limited to:
- Laying and picking up lay flat hose, running transfer pumps, and essential equipment for water transfer operations.
- Loading and unloading pipe, field materials, and equipment onto trailers and trucks for safe transport
- Observing machine operations, and gauges, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions
- Setting and servicing pumps and generators at job sites
- Following all safety procedures and using proper PPE as required per specific job task
- Communicating with other workers, using signals, radios, and telephones
- Using common hand and power tools, such as hammers, shovels, pulaskis, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Driving trucks and other vehicles to transport equipment, personnel and perform job task
- Attending and successfully completing training including but not limited to wildland fire certifications, safety, DOT, and MSPA
- Willingness to travel for long-periods of time to areas across the United States
- Valid drivers license a plus
- Possess outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented due to the necessity of safety
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Able to thrive in a team environment
- Experience in agriculture or energy industry a plus
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
In addition to completing the “Pack Test (WCFT),” additional wildland fire training is required and will be provided by WWS.
- Introduction to ICS (IS-100)
- Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service (L-180)
- Firefighter Training (S-130 – Field Day Required)
- Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior (S-190)
- NIMS: An Introduction (IS-700)
Working conditions require extensive travel and long hours of arduous physical activity (walking, climbing, lifting, pulling and frequently carrying objects weighing fifty 100 pounds or more) in difficult terrain and in all types of weather with exposure to various hazards including, but not limited to poison oak, bees, smoke, snakes, steep terrain, noise, heat, dust, burning and/or falling materials and other hazards. The pace of work typically is set by the emergency situation and various shifts including nights, weekends, holidays and long hours with short notice may be required. Assignments to emergency incidents may require being away for extended periods of time with accommodations involving tents and sleeping bags at fire camp. Hotels may be provided when available.
Apply for the job now!