Job Position: Warehouse, Manager
Location: Brandon, MB
Warehouse, Manager Job Details:
At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence. Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
Reporting to the Director, Warehouse & Distribution, this position prepares and manages departmental budgets; Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials;
How you will make contributions that matter:
· Ensure the Company’s quality and sanitation standards are met through full participation in the HACCP and BRC programs;
· Interview, select, and train warehouse and supervisory personnel;
· Plan, develop, and implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities;
· Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals;
· Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated;
· Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing;
· Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments;
· Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets and equipment, and order testing, maintenance, repair, or replacement as necessary;
· Schedule and monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials;
· Hold Supervisors accountable towards Health & Safety by verifying that each Department’s Supervisory team completes the following: Complete 1 Safety Talk per month and complete 1 safety investigation or safety evaluation each month;
· Ensure that Supervisors at the facility understand their roles and responsibilities and ensure their teams adhere to company safety policies and procedures and provincial legislation;
· Carry out a monthly walk through inspection with the Health & Safety Coordinator for the Warehouse Department.
· Provide coaching for Department Supervisors to deliver appropriate corrective measures for unsafe conditions and unsafe acts;
· Ensure that all Health & Safety issues/concerns are investigated and reported to respective personnel. This will be achieved through the bi-weekly Accident/Incident review meetings with the Department Managers;
· Ensure the Department Supervisors are assessing the work tasks for risks, corrective measures identified and implemented and information communicated to all affected employees;
· Ensure that appropriate protective devices are provided and also maintained in safe condition;
· Attend 1 OH&S committee meeting per quarter.
Date: January 16, 2024
Position: Warehouse Manager Immediate Supervisor: Director, Warehouse & Distribution, Western Canada
Department: Warehouse Status: Fulltime
You are best suited for the role if you have the following qualifications:
· Food/dairy/manufacturing experience, an asset
· Accuracy, attention to detail, and good communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Good hand-eye coordination
· Ability to multitask
· Ability to read, write, and perform basic math
· Team player, but can also work independently
· Motivated, who always thinks in a positive proactive manner
· Reliable and committed to quality and customer satisfaction
· Quick learner who easily adapts to change
· Able to work overtime, statutory holidays, and weekends, as required
We support and care for our employees and their families by providing:
· Health and wellness program in the workplace
· Assistance program for employees and their families
· Saputo products at a discounted price
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family
Our story began in Canada in 1954, when the Saputo family’s hard work and dedication created a thriving dairy business. More than 65 years later, our roots in this country remain strong with our Corporate Headquarters in Montréal. Today, we are a leading cheese manufacturer and fluid milk and cream processor in Canada with well-loved brands, such as Saputo, Alexis de Portneuf, Armstrong, Baxter, Dairyland, Joyya, Milk2Go, Milk2Go Sport, Neilson, Nutrilait, Scotsburn* and Woolwich Goat Dairy. Thanks to our national footprint, we’re proud to bring our best to our customers and consumers, and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in Canada, please click here. ( )
Join the Saputo Dairy Products Canada team to make your contributions matter every day!
- SCOTSBURN is a registered trademark and is used under license by Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. All open jobs offered by Saputo Inc. and all companies, corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships and other entities controlled by Saputo Inc. (collectively, “Saputo”) on Saputo’s web site are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a Saputo subsidiary, office or department, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance. The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While Saputo attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting. Strict confidentiality will be observed at all times. Saputo is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.