Job title: Vactor Operator – Pipeline Cleaning
Company: Granger-Hunter Improvement District
Expected salary: $18.5 – 23 per hour
Location: West Valley City, UT
Vactor Operator – Pipeline Cleaning Job Details:
Ready for an opportunity to find a stable job with great hours, unbeatable benefits, and pretty cool coworkers? Come join your local water district at Granger Hunter Improvement District
Hours – Monday-Thursday 6:30am – 5:00pm (Pssst…that means three day weekends!!)
GHID pays 100% of the benefit premiums for Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
GHID also contributes to two retirement plans on your behalf – a 401(k) and Utah Retirement Systems (pension plan)
Assist Wastewater Maintenance Division in the cleaning, maintenance, inspection and repair of the District’s Wastewater Collection System pipelines, manholes and related infrastructure. Perform a variety of scheduled duties related to the care, upkeep, maintenance, and/or repair of the District’s infrastructure, as assigned by the Division Manager, Director, Wastewater Foreman or Wastewater Maintenance II.
General Qualification Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The requirements of this position provide that the employee work in a safety sensitive manner and should carry out his/her duties as such.
Prior Work Experience: No prior experience required – industry related experience recognized at a higher starting wage
Education and Training: High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional related technical training preferred.
Licenses, Certifications, Etc.: * Current Utah Driver’s License required
- Utah Commercial Driver’s License, Class B with Tanker and Air Brakes endorsements minimum preferred
- State of Utah Wastewater Operator Collections Grade IV certification preferred.
Background Knowledge: * Ability to operate large equipment; including combination jetter/vac truck, CCTV trucks and water truck.
- Ability to operate small equipment, large equipment and hand tools.
- Requires basic knowledge of water distribution and wastewater collection industry.
- Requires basic knowledge in computer use skills.
Required Skills and Abilities: * Must be able to rely on policy, written guidance and internal discussions to resolve problems.
- Must have ability to operate small equipment, large equipment and hand tools.
- Must have communication skills and the ability to communicate with GHID staff and on occasion, with the public, businesses and vendors. Must be able to communicate using simple hand signals during normal operation of large equipment.
- Must have basic skills with general office equipment, computers and computer software, including Cityworks.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Apply for the job now!