Job title: Underground Distribution Construction Equipment Operator – ULCS
Company: Utility Lines Construction Services
Location: Forest Park, GA
Underground Distribution Construction Equipment Operator – ULCS Job Details:
We are currently seeking an Underground Distribution Construction Equipment Operator to join our Utility Lines Construction Services, Inc. team in the Underground Distribution Construction Department to operate the equipment used in excavating, backfilling, lifting, and other construction tasks.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- FR Clothing Provided
- Employee Payroll Deduction Program
Make a difference. Join us.
In states from DE to TX, ULCS needs people with a variety of skills and capabilities to help us build smarter more resilient energy grids and futures for our customers and communities. It’s important work that communities increasingly depend on for their quality of life and we are making a difference for the customers and communities and growing as more customers discover the ULCS difference. It’s rewarding work and a career that can support you on your life’s journey. If you’d like to make a difference too, then own your career.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Excavates to assist in the installation of structures or cables as required by contract specification.
- Assists with assembling material on the ground and installs conduit and cable in ditches.
- Operates various tools for the work (manual digging devices, wrenches, hammers, saws, jackhammers and power tamp).
- Participates in company training of all regional safety guidelines and is required to perform all work by the regional safety policies.
- Assists with groundwork.
- All other duties as required or requested by Supervisors.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to:
- follow directions, work safely & productively.
- problem solve with unidentified circumstances on any job.
- identify, operate and service all required tools and equipment. (i.e., bucket truck, digger derrick truck, tensioners, puller, rollers, hand tamp, chain saw, concrete saw, shovel)
Education & Experience
- Ability to provide proof of work experience, schooling, and other certifications obtained during career.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Driver License Required, willingness to obtain a valid CDL within 90 days of employment preferred.
- Willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- RARE (less than 10%): Crawling, Climbing, Reaching, Climbing Stairs.
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): Stooping, Kneeling, Squatting, Reading, Body Twisting, Sense of Touch, Range of Motion, Climbing Ladders, Balancing.
- FREQUENT (up to 66 %): Walking, Manual Dexterity, Seeing Distant, Climbing On/Off Truck, Gripping, Lifting Over 10 lbs. up to 50 lbs., Lifting, Carrying, Pulling, Pushing, Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): Standing, Speaking Clearly, Seeing, Hearing-Speech Range, Color Vision, Lifting up to 10 lbs., Sitting, Depth Perception.
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
- Able to identify job site hazards.
- Exhibits and carries out cognitive problem-solving skills.
- Able to read, comprehend, and visualize job build and all prints.
- Works near/around energized, hazardous parts and equipment.
- Exposed to traffic.
- Works around excessive noise from machines (bore drill, backhoe, trencher, mini excavator, bucket trucks, digger derricks, concrete saw, jackhammers).
- May exposed to hot and cold environments, poisonous plants or reptiles, and stinging insects.
Utility Lines Construction Services (ULCS) delivers electric and gas utility construction and maintenance services for investor-owned utilities, cooperatives, municipalities, large industrial manufacturers, government, general contractors, developers and EPC firms. Formed in 2000 from small beginnings, ULCS now boasts more than 2,300 non-union employees in 15 states safely performing utility transmission and distribution infrastructure work throughout the Mid-Atlantic, the Delmarva Peninsula, the Southeast and the South regions of the United States.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal poster, please choose your language: – – –
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: – –
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link:
Apply for the job now!