Job Position: Project Coordinator (Student Communications)
Company: The University of Newcastle
Location: Newcastle, NSW
Project Coordinator (Student Communications) Job Details:
Salary: £29,605 to £30,487 with progression to £32,982 per annum
Newcastle University is a great place to work, with excellent . We have a generous holiday package; plus the opportunity to buy more, great pension schemes and a number of health and wellbeing initiatives to support you.
Closing Date: 06 February 2024
Student Success is responsible for developing and supporting the delivery of an outstanding and distinctive student experience. As part of Student Success, the Student Life Team supports communication and engagement with current students. We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced communications professional to join our team.
Communicating with our students has never been more important. Supported by the Student Communications and Marketing Manager, you will lead on a range of projects and initiatives to deliver joined up, cohesive and engaging communications to Newcastle University students and graduates, keeping up to date with current trends, styles, and language, ensuring we are reaching our diverse student population.
Start Up Communications role – You will promote the work of the Start-up Team who lead on the University’s offer to current students and recent graduates looking to start or grow a business, social enterprise or freelance career. You will support communications, social media accounts and web presence along with coordinating the relaunch of the start up space and collating and reporting data relevant to student engagement and communication activities.
If you would like to have a conversation about this opportunitiy, please reach out to Emily Crookes at .
To apply, please upload a CV and letter of application which outlines how you can evidence your alignment with the criteria set out in the person section of the job descriptions.
We are committed to building and maintaining a fair and inclusive working environment. The position is available immediately, is offered on a full-time basis and we would be happy to discuss arrangements for flexible and/or blended working.
- To significantly contribute to the work of the Student Success Team and support the Student Communications and Marketing Manager
- Build, plan, implement, monitor and measure the overall marketing/communications plan for your specialist functional or project(s) areas
- Coordinate the practical organisation and delivery of key events, campaigns and activities across the unit related to student communications, including the preparation of marketing, social media and web-based assets aimed at students
- To liaise with internal colleagues and external partners to create content for all relevant marketing and communication channels
- To coordinate specific communications-related projects across Student Services to enhance the delivery of information to students, including the preparation of project reports, documentation and data reports relating to student engagement
- To conduct research-based activities, including focus groups, product testing and user experience exercises, to contribute to the improvement of the digital student journey and experience
- To support with the recruitment, training and development of a team of student interns and work placement students to assist with event and activity delivery
- To lead work with students, schools, faculties and professional services to ensure that Student Services have a strong, user-friendly web presence
- Act as a source of information, knowledge and expert advice on matters relating to student communications
- Develop a high level of awareness of relevant activities, benchmarking, good practice, policy matters and trends within Higher Education
- Keep up-to-date with current digital trends and suggesting new ideas to enhance the marketing and communications strategy for the team and the wider University
- To support the activity of the wider Student Life unit at times of peak activity and undertake any other duties reasonably requested in the delivery of the University’s strategic objectives
- Design and creation of a suite of marketing assets
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of communicating effectively with students and managing the delivery of outstanding student communications and events
- Excellent writing skills
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload to meet demanding targets and deadlines
- A high level of intercultural sensitivity
- Demonstrable competence in planning, project management and evaluating effectiveness
- Team player, able to develop and maintain productive working relationships
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, web editing software and CRM platforms, e.g. HubSpot
- Proven design skills and use of related software e.g. Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven experience of managing social media platforms
Attributes and Behaviour
- Excellent problem solving with ability to use own initiative
- Strong user-focused approach
- Flexible approach to working patterns which will include working outside of normal office hours at specific times of peak activity
- A relevant first degree or equivalent professional experience
Newcastle University is a global University where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. As a University of Sanctuary, we aim to provide a welcoming place of safety for all, offering opportunities to people fleeing violence and persecution.
We are committed to being a fully inclusive university which actively recruits, supports and retains colleagues from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all of our employees and the communities they represent. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from individuals who can complement our existing teams, we believe that success is built on having teams whose backgrounds and experiences reflect the diversity of our university and student population.
At Newcastle University we hold a silver award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. We also hold a Bronze award in recognition of our work towards tackling race inequality in higher education REC. We are a employer and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role as part of the offer and interview scheme.
In addition, we are a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.
Requisition ID: 26596
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Project Coordinator (Student Communications) Apply Now!
Discover More The University of Newcastle Jobs, and Find more jobs in Newcastle, NSW.
Also, Check out More Project Coordinator (Student Communications) Vacancies in Australia.