Job Position: System Operations Fitter
Company: APA Group
Location: Thomastown, VIC
System Operations Fitter Job Details:
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Operations Fitter to join the Operations Networks team in Thomastown on a Permanent fulltime basis.
Reporting to the Systems Operations Supervisor, you will be required to construct, install, commission and maintain pressure regulating stations.
- Assemble, install and commission all Network regulating equipment ranging from City Gate stations to the industrial and commercial meter/regulator assemblies for major customers.
- Complete preventative maintenance on city gates, field regulators, district regulators, water bath heaters, critical valves and major industrial and commercial installations
- Paperwork associated with all aspects of the position from time sheets, materials used, work order failure codes, incident reports, etc. as well as field sketches of installations
- Perform valve maintenance to the required standards at field, district and industrial/commercial regulator installations
- Undertake and successfully complete all training required to do the work and be willing to be trained to 100% competency level of the position
- Tradesman in a Mechanical discipline and extensive experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the construction, operation and maintenance of pressure regulating stations (City Gates), shell and tube heat exchangers (Water Bath Heaters), large industrial and commercial meter regulator units and their associated equipment
- Ability to use a range of computer software and information systems
- Able to clearly identify priorities and ensure that they are actioned and completed within the required timeframe
- Cert III in Gas Pressure Control or equivalent would be highly regarded
About the Team
We manage and operate transmission pipelines and local distribution networks that deliver gas to around 1.4 million households and businesses across Australia.
This is an exciting time for the Networks team, we are growing and expanding with many new projects and have a strong culture of continuous improvement. We need people who are courageous, nimble and ready to make a positive impact.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA Group focuses to provide you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work-life balance and wellbeing programs.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Role closes Friday, 26 January 2024 Role Reference number 5303.