Job Position: Apprentice Pipefitters/Welders
Company: Trotter & Morton Group of Companies
Location: Alberta – Rockyview, QLD
Apprentice Pipefitters/Welders Job Details:
As part of the Trotter & Morton Group of Companies, Rambler is backed by over 90 years of construction expertise. Our people have built a reputation completing the most challenging projects safely, on time and on budget. We offer top quality workmanship in pipe fabrication and welding, as well as personalized customer service throughout the entire process, from estimate to delivery.
Rambler Fabrication is now looking to add Apprentice Pipefitter/Welder’s to the team.
What’s In It For You
- Competitive pay rates
- Extensive benefit plan
- Inclusive and engaging work environment
- RRSP contributions
- Fun company events and barbeques
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Journeyman Pipefitter with assigned tasks
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding, (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Bolting and torqueing for hydro testing
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers
- Ability to take orders and instructions
- Operate previously set up welding machines such as spot, butt and seam resistance or gas and arc welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts
- Operate previously set up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal parts or to fill holes, indentations and seams of metal articles with solder
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment
- May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Schedule: Afternoon Shift – 4:30 pm to 3:00 am
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to learn on the job
- Strong blueprint reading skills
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to follow orders and instructions
- First Aid required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must have completed or be enrolled in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Year Formal Apprentice Training
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools
- Experience in the Industrial or Oil & Gas sector
- Overhead crane experience
- Hydro testing assembly experience
- Pipe cutting and beveling experience
- Rigging experience
Our Commitment to Diversity
The Trotter & Morton Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring talented, qualified professionals without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground and to providing an environment without discrimination.
Every effort is made to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities and to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, compensation, promotions, and transfers are based solely on skills and capabilities, job requirements, job performance, and other job-related criteria.
If you have a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence, apply today and build a rewarding career as a member of our high-performing team.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.