Job title: Supply Chain Project Coordinator – Bilingual Chinese
Company: Yamaha Guitar Group
Expected salary: $50000 – 65000 per year
Location: Calabasas, CA
Supply Chain Project Coordinator – Bilingual Chinese Job Details:
At Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc. we envision and design powerful, intuitive products that inspire new ways for musicians to create, play and perform.
Our team consists of over 100 people working in our Los Angeles office. Many are active guitarists, musicians, producers, artists and performers. We’re always looking for dynamic, resourceful and results-driven people who are passionate about music and technology. So if you want to help define the next generation of music products and instruments, we’d love to hear from you.
Yamaha Guitar Group is looking for a motivated, highly technical Supply Chain Project Coordinator to join the team! This role will assist with all aspects of New Product Introduction activities. The ideal candidate will facilitate and coordinate all aspects of NPI project across various internal departments, external contract manufacturer partners, and major vendors.
Supply Chain Project Coordinator will represent Supply Chain and be the primary point of contact within cross-functional meetings surround New Product Introductions. Additionally the candidate will assist in buying, planning and procurement, and cost negotiation with suppliers when needed.
This role will be hybrid based from our Calabasas office.
Main responsibilities include the following:
- Attend project team meetings, maintain awareness of requirements and report production status.
- Assure effective communication and coordination between China Operations and Supply Chain teams Contract Manufacturers on project process.
- Coordinate custom part tooling fabrication and first article approval
- Manage Contract Manufacturer, ensure that all Supply Chain related items within master project schedule are met within timelines specified
- Review MRP for new products, maintain purchase orders, and manage production schedules to assure on-time delivery.
- Review, distribute and coordinate all ECO activity directly with contract manufacturers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to reach the goal of project schedule and product cost.
Key Working Relationships: * Supply Chain and NPI Leads: Day to day alignment with Senior Manager of NPI and Senior Manager of China Team on all active Supply Chain and NPI projects
- Project Management: Close collaboration with Project Management team during course of active projects with close attention to expected deliverables and schedule
- Engineering and Development: Collaborative work with engineering and development to understand and support all open and applicable Supply Chain items directly related to New Product development
What you bring to the table:
Experience and Qualifications
- Bi-lingual in English and Chinese is a requirement
- Supply chain experience related to electronic products.
- Direct experience with Contract Manufacturing business models
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and data analysis and other software packages, such as SAP, Omnify etc..
- Strong verbal, written, planning and analytical skills
- Organized and efficient in time-management, capable of multi-tasking, detail oriented
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as needed to support the business
- Experience working with Asian suppliers a plus
- Experience developing audio products a plus.
- Engineering Background is a a plus
What We Bring To The Table
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, LTD, Life-Insurance and 401k
- Employee Assistance wellness programs
- Employee product purchase program
- Flexible work options
- Casual dress
- Vacation, sick-time, personal time, volunteer time
- 9 Company Holidays, 1 floating Holiday
- Salary Range is DOE $50,000-$65,000
The posted pay range values provide the candidate with guidance on annual base compensation for the position, exclusive of overtime, and benefits-related compensation, over a range of qualifications that may fit hiring objectives. Yamaha Guitar Group will consider the individual candidate’s education, work experience, applicable knowledge, skills and training, among other factors, when preparing an offer of employment.
So if you want to help us define the next generation of music products and instruments, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for the job now!