Job Position: Sr. Manager, Software Architecture, API
Location: St. John’s, NL
Sr. Manager, Software Architecture, API Job Details:
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
Are you a visionary leader with a passion in the API Management and Abstracted APIs looking for your next challenge? Look no further! Our company is seeking an exceptional and knowledgeable leader to join our team as Sr. Manager, Software Architecture – Abstraction.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Architecture, you thrive in thinking outside of the box, you are in tune with the latest collaboration, productivity and API tends and can deliver a strategy for the API practices and platform for our company. You will be building and leading a team of API architects, developers and business analysts to define, design and develop a new API management platform strategy and execution plans that create differentiated value through fostering strong relationships with cross-functional teams. You will interlock across business and organizational boundaries to develop world-class API practices and API management ecosystems.
- Build a high-performing team in the design and development of API management and Abstracted APIs strategy and execution plan that align with business objectives and support our organization’s needs
- Drive the roadmap for API management and Abstracted APIs strategy working in collaboration with Delivery teams and Product teams
- Set direction and lead a team of technical experts in developing API best practices, standards and metrics for API use across the company
- Coach and mentor a group of enterprise architects and domain architects in defining API management practices, architectures, as well as the security setup, scalability and monetization
- Guide market and customer insights research, technology and trends to identify customer needs, define opportunities and build business cases on API practices and management
- Act as a consultant to the business on the vision and strategy, set and align the direction to evolve best standards and practice in API management and Abstracted APIs development
- Provide guidance on the creation and oversight of a combination of current and new API platforms and technologies
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in API management, contributing to the continuous improvement of the platform and related processes
- Identify, negotiate and secure (build, buy, partner) COTS systems with strategic partners to build and maintain an industry-leading API management ecosystem
- Incorporate robust security measures into the platform architecture to protect sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access. Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Cultivate a full lifecycle approach to evolve the API management and abstracted APIs portfolio of capabilities from ideation, development, launch, grow, harvest to retirement
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment, promoting knowledge-sharing and cross-training opportunities
- 8+ years of experience in product management, software development, consulting or related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership or team lead role in software architecture development, with a focus in API and data management technologies
- Past working experience on API Management and Abstracted APIs development
- Knowledgeable in Enterprise Architecture framework. Preferable Certifications in TOGAF, Zachman
- Strong understanding of API design principles, industry standards and best practices
- Deep understanding of the API management and Abstracted APIs industry trend and is able to determine competitive positioning, differentiation, and future strategy
- Knowledge of API management solutions using technologies such as REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, OAuth, and OpenAPI/Swagger. Familiarity with API gateway technologies (e.g., Apigee, MuleSoft, Kong) and microservices architecture
- Knowledge of API security best practices, including authentication, authorization, encryption, and data privacy. Familiarity with compliance frameworks (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA, PCI-DSS)
- Experience with data modeling, database design, and data integration
- A strategic mindset with strong technical, business and financial acumen; focused on the big picture and strategy
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum development environments. Familiarity with DevOps practices, Lean, SAFe, continuous integration, and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experienced with cloud-based technologies and services, such as AWS or Google.
- Purpose-driven leadership with proven ability to inspire, motivate and support the development of team members to achieve excellence in the goals of our team members, customers and business
- Effective collaboration skills and attention to detail; including the ability to influence and provide thought leadership at all levels of management, cross-functionally and externally, and to represent the company in commercial discussions and negotiations
- Strong program management skills, ability to drive team to common goals, set and meet timelines
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John’s || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 01/27/2024
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at .
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of