Job title: Spanish Bilingual Front Office Receptionist
Company: Staffing Resources
Expected salary: $15 – 17 per hour
Location: Duluth, GA
Spanish Bilingual Front Office Receptionist Job Details:
M-F 830-500 – Bilingual Medical Front Office Rep Duluth
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for assisting physicians and management with all clinical, clerical, and organizational tasks revolving around patient care. Coordinates patient check-in procedures, collects patient payments, and manages all information necessary for patient visits.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt and helpful manner; provides instructions/directions as needed.
- Ensures patient information is complete and accurate; updates patient profiles and scans required documents in the EMR if necessary.
- Collects co-payments and outstanding balances.
- Manages patient monies collected and closes batches at the end of day.
- Provides necessary release and HIPAA forms to the patient for completion and signature.
- Informs clinical staff or other appropriate parties of patient arrivals.
- Generates fee tickets when patients arrive and assembles patient charts for next-day visits.
- Ensures patient referrals are obtained as required by managed care plans.
- Monitors schedule and organizes patient flow for office appointments; communicates end-of-the-day no-shows to the scheduling area.
- Maintains clean and orderly waiting area; coordinates patient movement, reports problems or irregularities to Practice Manager.
- Meets or exceeds quality and productivity standards as set by the Practice Manager.
- Answers emails and voicemails and returns patient calls in a timely and efficient manner.
- Completes requests for information from other UD staff and ensures that they are handled promptly and effectively to guarantee payment on patient accounts.
- Abides by and promotes HIPAA compliance; maintains the strictest confidentiality with regard to patient information.
- Participates in staff meetings as directed by the Practice Manager.
- Participates in marketing activities as directed by the Practice Manager.
- Cross-trains and performs other office functions including phone triage, check-in/check-out, scheduling, pre-certification, or medical records as directed by the Practice Manager.
- Any other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- 2-3 years of specialty clinic experience, gastroenterology experience preferred.
- Front Desk representative must be computer literate and able to operate an EMR and multiple Microsoft Office applications.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Front Office Representative must be able to:
- Possesses the ability to deal with patients, visitors, co-workers, and physicians with courtesy and respect.
- Displays a professional outgoing warm and helpful attitude.
- Possesses compassion for dealing with people who are ill and need help.
- Plan, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks as delegated by the Practice Manager.
- Work under pressure; assess, respond, and communicate issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly with patients and coworkers through the telephone, email, and in-person.
- Interpret and apply clinical and non-clinical policies and procedures.