Job Position: Senior Dairy Cattle Stockperson
Company: Global Skilled Employment Services
Location: Latrobe, TAS – Leongatha South, VIC
Senior Dairy Cattle Stockperson Job Details:
- AQF Certificate III in Agriculture / Dairy Production (or higher equivalent)
- Three (3) years of recent and relevant work experience
On behalf of our client, Global Skilled Employment we are looking for skilled candidates for Senior Dairy Cattle Stockperson that will join the production team of a dairy in Leongatha South, VIC 3953.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan all aspects of milk production process including management and coordination of milking shed routines.
- Coordinate and implement reproductive programs, including artificial insemination and herd fertility management, detection of estrous and pregnancy.
- Assist in controlled breeding experiments to develop improved livestock strains.
- Implement calving procedures, including the ability to physically conduct unsupervised internal assessments to minimize the incidence of still births or injuries to cow or calf.
- Plan and manage pastures and crops for livestock production and develop livestock feeding plans.
- Analyse produce to set and maintain standards of quality;
- Supervise animal health programs, handle sick or injured animals and maintain an optimal environment for the wellbeing of livestock consistent with the Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines – Cattle.
- Supervise work routines and staff performance of less experienced employees such as an assistant farmhand.
- Implement and monitor quality assurance procedures, ensuring compliance and that all relevant documentation is kept current.
- Operate milking plant and equipment in a safe manner, undertake multiple functions including reading and recording instrument information e.g. milk vat temperatures and cow numbers and matching cow ID to calves to produce a quality milk outcome.
- Operate a dairy recycling system.
- Calf feeding, including tubing colostrum
- Assisting with and/or performing irrigation works.
- Inspect livestock to gauge the effectiveness of feed formulae.
- Transport, handle and store chemicals; prepare and apply chemicals.
- Operate farm and dairy shed-related vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Identify and report equipment not operating normally; maintenance of plant and machinery.
- Where appropriately qualified, perform maintenance works on sheds, fixtures and fittings, fences and surrounds and install new or replacement equipment or fittings.
- Transport stock, feed and equipment, if appropriately licensed.
- Maintain records to ensure accurate information for stock and inventory control.
- Ensure food safety regulatory requirements are met.
- Contribute to and implement OHS requirements.
- Computer literate – operate computer equipment and software packages requiring set-up and basic function operation.
- Coordinate the response to emergencies for both occupational health and safety emergencies and animal welfare emergencies.
- Participate in enterprise/industry training sessions and workshops as required.