Job title: Senior Accountant
Company: AAA Life Insurance Company
Location: Livonia, MI
Senior Accountant Job Details:
Job ID: 2023-1281
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
AAA Life Insurance Company is seeking a Senior Accountant! We offer a dynamic work environment, excellent benefits, and competitive compensation, that will allow you will exercise your potential to innovate, finding ways to increase efficiency and enhance our business processes.
What encourages you to come to work every day? By joining AAA Life, you will have the opportunity to strengthen the name and reputation of the brand that millions have come to rely upon for financial piece of mind. We are a company dedicated to our members and our employees! We value the unique attributes and contributions of our associates to cultivate an inclusive, collaborative and innovative workplace where all employees are engaged and feel they belong. Delivering our company’s promise to members is what drives each of us every single day.
Operating within the core values and operating principles of the organization, the Senior Accountant assists with the development, preparation and analysis of the financial reports in accordance with corporate directives, statutory accounting principles (SAP), generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and other regulatory requirements. They are responsible for the accounting and reporting of the Company’s financial statements in accordance with SAP and GAAP, overseeing the preparation of schedules and support to meet requests from internal and external auditors, and will be responsible for maintaining records and documentation of the Company’s financial statements.
- Performs accounting and reporting in accordance with GAAP and SAP.
- Assists in the monitoring and the approval of journal entries, financial statements, financial narratives and reconciliations.
- Provides input to the Manager of Financial Reporting and other management in Finance regarding the development, design and/or modification of new and existing processes and controls in the financial reporting process. This also includes the impact of financial reporting processes on other parts of the finance area as well as other business departments.
- Conducts research activities to determine the accounting and reporting implications of changes in corporate operations, including new products/distribution systems.
- Assists in the coordination of the annual external financial audits and periodic state insurance department examinations.
- Assists in the selection, hiring, management, development and training of all financial reporting personnel.
- In the absence of the Manager of Financial Reporting, acts as liaison between management and Financial Reporting to ensure dissemination of information and necessary cooperative action.
- Develops and maintains job documentation and procedures to ensure understanding accuracy, completeness and timeliness of job assignments and allowing for proper cross training.
- Responsible for providing support for internal/external auditors by gathering data, preparing schedules, preparing financial statements, responding to inquiries, and implementing suggested practices with regard to the financial statements and the financial reporting process.
- Interacts with other operating departments and management to define current procedures, research alternatives and develop efficiencies in existing procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. Candidates with a CPA, MBA or FLMI designation a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience with financial statement reporting.
Experience in the following areas:
- Preparation of Life insurance financial statements
- Lead complex projects
- Supervise financial staff
- Communicate effectively with others in the workplace to build teamwork
- Presenting written and oral reports for management
- PC software applications
- General ledger and financial reporting and analysis software packages
- SAP and GAAP accounting for life insurance
Apply for the job now!