Job Position: Seasonal Forest Nursery Worker
Company: Tolko Industries
Expected salary: $16.75 per hour
Location: Armstrong, BC
Seasonal Forest Nursery Worker Job Details:
Seasonal Nursery Workers
Armstrong, British Columbia
Temporary position – Spring Sowing
Our Seasonal Nursery Workers play an important role in renewing our forests and keeping our communities and business alive! They plant, grow and harvest seedlings at different time through the year to support reforestation activities. If you’re looking for a temporary position to earn some extra income, read on to learn more!
We’re looking for Seasonal Nursery Workers to join our Eagle Rock Division for our fall seedling harvest which runs from the end of February through spring. Located mid-way between Vernon and Armstrong BC, Eagle Rock Nursery grows seedlings as part of their commitment to sustainable reforestation in British Columbia. We are proud to plant, grow and harvest our own seedlings to maintain healthy ecosystems and provide future generations with the opportunity to enjoy BC’s magnificent forests.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Reliable transportation to work.
- Commitment to working safely.
- Able to stand for long periods.
- Able to work in varying weather conditions.
- Able to work Monday to Friday, 8 hour shift.
- Available now until end of spring.
- No experience required. All training will be provided.
In this role you will:
- Work on a fast-paced conveyor line to plant seedling seeds.
- Load and unload lift lines.
- Transport stock to and from the greenhouse.
- Work a safe, timely, cost effective and professional manner.
So what’s in it for you?
- You’ll take on an exciting new challenge with supportive team members.
- You’ll earn a competitive hourly wage of $16.75 hour plus 4% holiday pay.
- You’ll have an opportunity to earn an individual productivity bonus which averages an additional $1.50 – $5.00 per hour.
- You’ll be supported in continued development through on-the-job and training.
- You’ll be part of a positive, innovative, and inclusive work environment.
We want YOU to join our family. Come Grow Here! Apply today at
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? !
About the North Okanagan Valley
The North Okanagan Valley includes the communities of Vernon, Armstrong, Lavington, Lumby and Lake Country, British Columbia. Surrounded by lakes, these communities provide family-friendly living with lots of amenities, and beautiful weather. Visit one of our local wineries or fine dining restaurants, go boating, hiking, biking, skiing, catch a round of golf, or visit a local market to pick up fresh fruit and produce… whatever your pleasure, you’ll find it here.
to learn about the region and find out why life is better here.
Follow us on , , and (formerly known as Twitter) to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at or you are accessing Tolko job opportunities through our website at .