Job Position: Saint John Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1252074
Company: Horizon Health Network
Location: Saint John, NB
Saint John Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1252074 Job Details:
Provision of concentrated medical and surgical related cardiac nursing care, to meet the individual patient’s needs by utilizing the nursing process within a team environment.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick -renewed annually by November 15 as per Horizon policy.
- Current ICU or CCU experience (at least 1 year) or 1 year cardiac surgery and cardiology or cardiac intervention experience or 3 years medical/surgical experience
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the nursing process (Assessment, plan, implementation, and evaluation + documentation using DARP focus charting model).
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the cardiac anatomy & physiology, cardiac rhythm strip and ECG interpretation and administration of titrated and IV push cardio-active drugs.
- Current IV Therapy and phlebotomy certifications.
- Defibrillation certification and willingness to participate as a member of the Code Blue and Code White teams.
- Demonstrated proper regard for confidentiality including the Horizon policies regarding use of social media and communication devices while at the work place.
- Demonstrated professional initiative and good judgment in the application of nursing care including strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate respectfully and effectively with patients, families and all members of the interdisciplinary health care team respecting language of choice.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to choose in Language of Service required in the NB Heart Center.
- BCLS and ACLS certification.
- Willing to accept change and demonstrate the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis (including shift work).
- Ability to perform the duties of the position including demonstration and of advanced nursing competencies and delegated medical functions as stated or as acquired with appropriate certification documents.
- Good work record.
- Demonstrated competency and efficiency in performance of all basic nursing care domains including Hygiene, Nutrition, Ambulation and Elimination
- Advanced Assessment of patients* health care needs referred for the NB Heart center services, then using the assessment to direct care to the most appropriate member of the team reassessing as patient condition changes throughout the shift.
- Obtain, maintain, augment, and apply specialized nursing knowledge and competencies related to the cardiac medical and surgical interventions provided to the patient population served by the NB Heart Center. This includes willingness and the ability to act as a team member, team leader, charge nurse and participate in interactions directly with the physicians and surgeons as well as with patients and families as required at every point of the patient care continuum.
- Identifies patient needs and problems utilizing an assessment tool then facilitates nursing care required to achieve the patient*s desired outcomes.
- Documents the patient care plan, problems, and progress using the DARP format of focus charting demonstrating keen understanding of the integration of both paper and electronic charting requirements unique to 5BN nursing care continuum.
- Identifies patient’s educational needs according to diagnosis and risk factors and develops teaching plan following unit protocol. Provides health teaching, counseling & health promotion to individuals or groups and facilitates referrals to services for continuation of cardiac and general health following discharge.
- Beginning at patient admission, identifies needs affecting discharge planning, including identification of potential services required at home, facilitating services of other health care professionals and ensuring documentation and communication of the discharge teaching and planning on the electronic record as well as the paper format when appropriate.
- Formulates objectives specific to the patient care requirements and enters these for review daily on the clinical summery tiles.
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing actions for further assessment and planning and documents accordingly using DARP focus charting.
- Utilizes effective communication skills to achieve a helping relationship with patients, families and the interdisciplinary healthcare team in the language of their choice.
- Supports the commitment to the principal of professional life-long learning by mentoring peers, new employees, and students of all designations within the health care team including but not limited to active participation the orientation process for new employees.
- Demonstrates clear understanding and application of team nursing and the responsibilities of registered nurses assigned to the inpatient, outpatient, and the concentrated care teams within 5BN, the Cardiac Services Nursing unit.
- Directs and supervises non-professional members of the health care team respecting and understanding their scope of practice and how it relates to that of the registered nurses’ responsibilities.
- Demonstrates clear understanding and application of the nursing care process including identifying (assessment), planning, implementing and evaluating changes of the patients under the care of the nursing unit.
- Demonstrates initiative for personal professional development and actively participates in the changes that are part of the health care environment including annual required and optional self-improvement education as it relates to the practice of cardiovascular nursing expertise.
- Participates in programs promoting quality improvement and safety on the nursing unit.
- Is effective in approaching problems using a logical, systematic approach
- Collaborating with others and works well in a team environment
- Develops and maintains respectful relationships with others
- Seeks to meet quality standards for work performed
- Works carefully and methodically individually and as a team
- Takes responsibility for communicating effectively
- Is confident in applying information and knowledge for decision making
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change
- Demonstrates critical and creative thinking
- Takes responsibility for contributing to a pleasant workplace environment
- Treats others with patience and respect
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to new or emergent requirements
- Demonstrates organizational skills
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness
- Applies analytical thinking to gather relevant information
- Relies on evidence and best practice when exploring options
- Values collaboration in the workplace
- Seeks out opportunities to involve others
- Is effective in mentoring and supporting colleagues
Interested? Apply Today?
Horizon Health Network (Horizon) only accepts on-line applications.
About Horizon’s Recruitment Process
We thank all applicant who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Horizon’s recruitment screening process may include language proficiency testing, clerical testing and/or behavioral assessment. If you are selected for testing, you will be contacted via the email address provided on your application. The official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and language results will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon’s hiring purposes.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Saint John Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1252074 Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Saint John Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1252074 Vacancies in Canada.