Job Position: National Events and Sponsorship Specialist
Company: Gowling WLG
Location: Calgary, AB
National Events and Sponsorship Specialist Job Details:
ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. We are guided by our firm’s Core Values – The Power of Teamwork, Always Striving to be Better, We all Bring Something Different – in all that we do.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are an integral part of our firm’s core values. We are always striving to build a more equitable, engaging and rewarding workplace by attracting and retaining talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks, paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business services team members work together, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Gowling WLG’s Business Development and Marketing (BDM) Department is looking for an experienced National Events and Sponsorships Specialist who will be responsible for leading key national and international events, conferences and sponsorships (in-person, virtual, hybrid). This individual will identify a consistent, value-based approach for the assessment, selection, planning, implementation and debriefing of events, conferences and sponsorships that align with the Firm’s strategy and business objectives.
This position can be based out of any of our Canadian offices.
Establishing Events and Sponsorship Best Practices
- Act as a subject matter expert, trainer and go-to resource for stakeholders on events, conferences and sponsorships.
- Create guides, toolkits and/or checklists to support the process for events and sponsorships and continually seek feedback to improve the approach and the processes.
- Create a forum for BDM and other firm members responsible for supporting and implementing events, conferences and sponsorships, to train, mentor and share best practices.
- Maintain an annual calendar and assessment of recurring national and international events and sponsorships. Continually scan market for emerging events and sponsorships with potential for business growth.
- Develop KPIs, reports and dashboards both at an event/initiative and portfolio level to measure return on investment reporting quarterly and annually.
- Participates in annual planning and budgeting.
- Stay informed about trends and best practices in event management.
Managing Events, Conferences and Sponsorships
- Facilitate assessment of key events, conferences and sponsorships and make recommendations based on strategic value.
- Lead the planning, project management, budgeting and debriefing of initiatives. This includes research into potential venues and coordination of activities in Canada and globally, when required.
- Liaise and work closely with third parties (venues, service providers, conference organizers etc.), includes coordinating service agreements/contracts and processing invoices.
- Plan, support and execute the logistics of events and sponsorships, including invitations (and other promotion), venue requirements, food/beverage, transportation, firmware, entertainment and more.
- Track event costs against approved budget.
- Attend (or designate a delegate) events to ensure implementation success; identify and resolve issues to minimize complications.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Post secondary education in relevant area. Certified Meeting Professional designation or similar considered an asset, as well as specialised training in sponsorships and events.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with event planning and execution.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and ownership in planning and implementing events.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a proactive, professional and courteous manner.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to set and re-define priorities and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible to work outside of core business hours when required.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to source and liaise with external parties to secure the best possible service.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, CRM solutions and Digital event platforms
- Knowledge of webcasting and virtual event technology and experience successfully running virtual events.
- Bilingualism (English/French) considered an asset.
Gowling WLG employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements? If you are excited about this opportunity but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Gowling WLG is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of National Events and Sponsorship Specialist Apply Now!
Also, Check out More National Events and Sponsorship Specialist Vacancies in Canada.