Job title: Receptionist – Client Engagement Services Specialist
Company: Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska
Location: Omaha, NE
Receptionist – Client Engagement Services Specialist Job Details:
- The Client Engagement Services Specialist engages with consumers in person, over the phone, and/or online to build professional relationships by assisting consumers with services. It is important to note that the selected individual will support multiple offices throughout the Omaha area.
- Welcome consumers and visitors in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner; direct individuals to the appropriate staff within the organization.
- Act as a team player in efficient, centralized intake systems and open-access systems for consumers.
- Coordinate information flow (mail, phones, intra-agency requests) efficiently and accurately to forward information to the appropriate person(s) and/or relay messages as needed.
- Maintain basic understanding of agency services and programs to answer questions, direct calls, etc.
- Conduct accurate fee assessment to determine payor source and eligibility for private insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.
- Work with consumers to ensure Medicaid/insurance coverage and that client understands coverage, including assisting with and/or coordinating application assistance.
- Inform and educate clients on financial responsibility, items to bring to appointments, payment methods, etc.
- Collect and record co-payment from clients, including but not limited to the accurate documentation of transactions, reconciling daily deposits to receipts, etc.
- Accepting and tracking items received by the client engagement office, including donations, daily receipts of cash and/or checks for transmittal to the finance team, receipt of packages and mail, etc.
- Process incoming faxes and medical record requests promptly.
- Input accurate information into systems and program databases (i.e., enter client data, schedule intake/follow-up appointments, update client information, etc.)
- Complete and process forms to obtain necessary data significant to a client’s care.
- Process client documentation through DocuSign and assist with file management based on agency protocols and state regulations.
- Prepare and collate copies of internal documents and packets.
- Maintain office supply inventory and monitor supplies on hand.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide problem-solving assistance and crisis intervention to clients.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Awareness and sensitivity of the organization’s constituents and populations served by employees.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Regular and predictable attendance, and promptness for work.
- Commitment to uphold the mission, vision, and values of Lutheran Family Services.
- Support Lutheran Family Services in the organization’s objective to be a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible workplace.
- Verbal & Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Two years of post-secondary education are preferred.
- Customer service experience required. Non-profit experience preferred.
- Fluent in English and another language preferred (Desired languages will align with our client populations and may include but are not limited to Spanish, Kurdish, Arabic, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Display a comfort level in working with stressful individual/family dynamics.
- Always display a courteous and caring attitude to clientele, volunteers, visitors, etc.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Valid driver’s license, liability auto insurance, and ability to drive for organization business.
- Sit at a desk and work at a computer screen for hours at a time.
- Work in an office environment and work remotely on occasion as needed.
- Travel to various office locations to support client services, as needed and as applicable by region.
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends to meet client needs (as directed).
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
Lutheran Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply for the job now!