Job Position: Rearing Assistant Manager
Company: McLean Farms
Location: North Branch, QLD
Rearing Assistant Manager Job Details:
McLean Farms is a diversified family-owned agri-business based in Pittsworth, 30 minutes Southwest of Toowoomba. Specialising in livestock and food production, the business is involved with a broad range of agricultural enterprises such as grain, compost and feed mill operations.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Rearing Assistant Manager to join our dynamic Poultry team in a full-time capacity. As Rearing Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Senior Rearing Manager in day-to-day operations and management of the rearing facilities. This key leadership role requires a strong poultry production background, exceptional management skills, a passion for animal welfare, and sustainable farming practices.
Daily duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for successfully operating rearing facilities, ensuring optimal flock health, productivity, and profitability.
- Manage and lead a team of poultry farm staff, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure efficient daily operations.
- Monitor and maintain strict adherence to animal welfare standards and biosecurity protocols.
- Conduct regular inspections and assessments of the farm facilities, equipment, and infrastructure to ensure they meet safety and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure the timely delivery of necessary resources, such as feed, medications, and equipment.
- Implement and maintain accurate record-keeping systems for flock health, production data, and financial records.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Proven experience in poultry management, with a deep understanding of poultry husbandry practices and industry standards.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to effectively lead and motivate a diverse team.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of animal welfare standards, biosecurity protocols, and regulatory requirements related to poultry farming.
- Proficient in record-keeping and data analysis for farm management purposes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with staff, suppliers, and stakeholders.
What we can offer:
- A highly attractive salary package based on skills and experience.
- Experience in an industry leading business.
- A supportive, proactive, and growing employer; invested in the long-term growth and professional development of our team.
If you are a dedicated and experienced poultry professional looking to take the next step in your career, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter, and relevant certifications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in the selection process.
You must not have any birds, pigs or poultry at your place of residence.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia in order to apply.