Job Position: Project Coordinator (Civil Construction)
Company: Jacob Bros Construction
Location: Vancouver, BC
Project Coordinator (Civil Construction) Job Details:
Work for a BC Top Employer 2023!
Jacob Bros Construction is now hiring a Civil Project Coordinator for projects throughout the lower mainland.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Currently located in the lower mainland
- Able to work full-time effective immediately
- Valid driver’s license and ability to commute to sites throughout the lower mainland
About the Role:
The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Manager and assists with planning, organization and direction of civil construction projects (infrastructure, earthworks, utilities, and structural concrete).
- Maintains project document control including daily reports, RFIs, shop drawings, changes, billing and daily labor timesheets
- Assists Superintendent with operational tasks including preparation of work plans and packages, scheduling updates, updating drawings, and supervision of subcontractor operations
- Supervises field operations and plans, schedules and coordinates work on the job site
- Assists with implementing and monitoring Quality and Safety Plans, including participation in job site safety reviews, toolbox meetings, and safety training
- Assists in the preparation of purchase orders, subcontracts and generation of change orders
- Performs basic engineering calculations and assists in interpretations of drawings and specifications for field crews
- Orders, schedules and tracks material deliveries to job site
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or post-secondary training in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year co-op Project Coordinator experience with a General Contractor
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, project teams and subtrades
- Strong knowledge of construction specifications, methods and procedures
- Working knowledge of scheduling, estimating and subcontracts
- Proficient user of project control software applications, including AutoCAD, MS Project and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Legally entitled to work for any employer in Canada
- Competitive compensation packages
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Matched RRSP contribution
- Eligibility for Profit Sharing Program
- Three weeks vacation
- New 50,000 square foot office and maintenance facility in South Surrey with full gym and on-site personal trainer
- 5 Year Service Award (Trip for two anywhere in North America)
- Eligibility for $2000 Referral Bonus Program
About Jacob Bros:
At Jacob Bros, our team of talented construction professionals is taking on some the most challenging projects in British Columbia’s construction industry.
We are one of BC’s largest and most respected construction organizations, offering construction services in a variety of markets including heavy civil construction, major public infrastructure, and industrial, commercial, institutional and residential projects.
Jacob Bros has proudly served every major sector of Western Canada’s construction industry since 2008, and has been consistently recognized as a BC Top Employer.
Jacob Bros employs over 300 construction professionals, including staff and craft employees.
No agencies please.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Project Coordinator (Civil Construction) Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Project Coordinator (Civil Construction) Vacancies in Canada.