Job Position: Production Planner
Company: Mariposa Dairy
Location: Lindsay, ON
Production Planner Job Details:
Position: Production Planner
Reports to: Plant Manager
Location: Lindsay, ON (onsite)
Mariposa Dairy is a leading manufacturer of award-winning goat and sheep milk cheeses based in Lindsay, Ontario. Our aim is to provide the highest quality goat and sheep milk cheese products in North America through the efforts of our skilled and valued team for the benefit of our customers and community.
The Production Planner is responsible for creating and managing a complex master production schedule and creating the weekly/daily production schedules for all finished and interim products manufactured. The individual will be responsible for planning daily production activity, identify capacity constraints, updating based on daily production results and communicating with other stakeholders within Mariposa. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced individual, looking to grow with an organization.
- Establish integrated production planning process to account for demand plan and subsequent production plans on a week-to-week basis.
- Manage production modelling software to generate correct production orders at all manufacturing levels (production work centers)
- Liaise with Data Management to ensure that process times are generating correct production timing results
- Creates Productions Orders from existing PO’s (Customer PO’s), forecasts and sales orders.
- Ensure that orders are generated for machine capacity optimization and identify any forecast constraints.
- Create transfer orders (from WHSE to MAIN) of packaging and ingredients from secondary warehouse location for daily production use.
- Follow up on daily production order completion as per plan – make adjustments and communicate any changes
- Develop weekly 4 -12-week master production schedule for manufacturing operations with daily detail as required by production scheduling process.
- Works closely with manufacturing leads to develop weekly/daily production schedules by work-center (Setting/Pressing/Mixing/Packaging)
- Releases work orders to production to support weekly/daily production schedules.
- Engage in capacity management with cross-functional teams.
- Facilitates and participates in re-occurring and ad-hoc scheduling, demand, and supply meetings with cross-functional teams.
- Conducts weekly scheduling meetings to review previous production performance and to gain plant alignment around future production requirements.
- Communicates Schedule changes, maintenance requirements, shutdowns, and training needs that affect future production plans. Keeps manufacturing calendar updated in ERP.
- On call, as needed, to collaborate on decisions regarding unplanned downtime and re-scheduling of plant production.
- Develop daily and weekly actual versus scheduled communication and performance reporting.
- Analyzes and communicates inventory variances to Supply chain team and production.
- Analyze and review manufacturing run sizes and communicate opportunities to improve the balance of cost and service among raw materials, conversion, and finished goods costs.
- Develop daily production plans that effectively manage labour and enable plant efficiency targets to be achieved.
- Participates in and supports Plant Management efforts for improvements to plant efficiency, labor management, and engagement.
- Maintains open communication and effective working relationships with all related plants and corporate departments: Accounting, QA, Production, Planning, Customer Service, etc.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all products manufactured by the factory and production processes utilized.
- Maintain accurate supply planning master data for short- and long-term supply planning.
- Ensure that critical forecasting and inventory planning inputs and parameters are updated in the planning system (customer forecast, new product introductions, lead times, stocking status, etc.)
- Manages necessary data to support work center planning in ERP system.
- Working with the supply chain/procurement team – set target safety stock levels and create inventory stocking strategy to maintain product inventory while optimizing inventory costs and customer service levels.
Technology and Systems
- Adaptable to continuous change is important.
- Proficient level Microsoft 0365, particularly MS Excel
- Power BI is an asset
- ERP system experience
- Ensure superior operating performance through identifying opportunities and implementing improvements in costs, and plant operations
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of manufacturing, planning and/or scheduling experience or logistical planning experience required
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain or Logistics preferred
- Proficiency in advanced planning and scheduling software
- Highly Desirable – Experience working in Microsoft Business Central
- Proficiency with Excel and analytical ability
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and material procurement
- APICS certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mariposa, however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon reference checks and employment verification.
Mariposa Dairy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The employer accepts applications from only:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with a valid Canadian work permit.