Job Position: Packaging Specialist
Company: J.D. Irving
Location: Dieppe, NB
Packaging Specialist Job Details:
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. Irving Tissue is a leading manufacturer of premium tissue products – including national brands and private label. We pride ourselves in our commitment to providing the best quality products and exceptional service to our consumers and customers. We are also part of a larger organization that acts responsibly when it comes to sustainable practices that begins with a history rooted since 1957. We have planted 1.1 billion trees since then, and have been recognized as a Carbon Neutral Forest Supply Chain. We also manufacture private label diapers and training pants for North American retailers.
The Packaging Specialist will be based out of Dieppe, New Brunswick (102 Dawson Street). The Packaging Specialist is responsible for developing and improving raw material specifications (poly, carton, corrugate, adhesive, core stock) for all products converted at Dieppe Tissue. They will also work with the corporate packaging group in the development and execution for all new products and packaging formats for the plant. This is a permanent full-time position.
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
- Post Secondary education- preferably related to packaging design or product development.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Analytical and detail oriented with a high level of commitment and self-motivation.
- 2-5 Years – experience within consumer product packaging design and/or product development and/or manufacturing
- Manage the packaging development process for new and/or changed finished products.
- Own the site’s product development and process improvement trial process. Ensuring all trials are properly executed, with the right level of sampling, testing analyses, and follow-up.
- Provide Operations with DRP configurations and layouts.
- Work with Operations to address any material issues and if required, issue packaging complaints to suppliers and work with purchasing to ensure that proper credit is received.
- Develop quality improvement strategies for vendor performance to include defect reporting processes from operations, performance tracking, and implementation of vendor corrective action plans.
- Provide samples and data to suppliers per the site’s raw material reject process.
- Work with outside copacker to provide quality expectations.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Logistics, Sales and Operations to facilitate inventory run-out, approvals/dates and packaging inventory valuations due to specification changes or SKU rationalization.
What We Offer
Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Concerned you don’t meet every requirement? Research has shown that many women only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Tissue, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we’re looking for with this role or others we have available!
Please apply online at .
For further details, please contact Recruitment at
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click .
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
- Posting Date: Feb 1, 2024
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
Please be cautious of false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as J.D. Irving, Limited.
J.D. Irving, Limited would never request money from job seekers, nor request personal information beyond what is required for a resume. We routinely report suspicious activities and accounts and we ask anyone who has received messages from a fraudulent account to do the same. If you have questions about the validity of an offer, please contact .
Corporate Irving Group Moncton
Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada
📁 Quality Management
Requisition #: 24000404
Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada
📁 Quality Management
Requisition #: 23006295
© J.D. Irving, Limited. All rights reserved. ™ is a trademark of Irving Licensing Inc., used under licence.
An outstanding team dedicated to providing the best in products and service.