Job Position: Operational Improvement Manager – West
Location: Edmonton, AB
Operational Improvement Manager – West Job Details:
Job Type: Temporary (Fixed Term)
Invest in you, JOIN AGROPUR. We dairy you!
The mission of the Operational Improvement Manager will be to implement various continuous improvement initiatives to achieve manufacturing excellence. We are looking for someone interesting in 1 year contract.
Primarily, the incumbent will manage and help execute the Agropur Operating System (AOS); He/she will be an important leader in the implementation of new integrated working methods, tools, and processes. He/she will act as a key coach and servant leader to guide teams, line coaches, and management in specific program activities and systems.
How Agropur invests in YOU:
Recognition of years of service in calculating vacation time
Flexible group insurance plan, including telemedicine service
Employee assistance program
Opportunity to invest in you (Career Path, etc.)
Pension plan including employer contributions
What’s involved in this role:
- Implements a Lean philosophy using the Agropur Operating System: Loss tree analysis, Daily Management System (DMS) tools, unified problem solving, SMED, etc.;
- Coach and act as a servant leader to all elements related to the implementation of the Agropur Operating System; be mindful to a change management approach that is in line with Agropur’s values;
- Support in implementing the plant management’s strategic plan by working closely with union partners and managers, while developing the teams and resources required to meet autonomy and accountability objectives;
- Work in cooperation with the Director, Operational Improvement (Corporate) to develop strategies based on the site’s financial and operational evaluations; thus allowing to identify and project manage initiatives in line with plants strategic plan and SQCDME scorecard
- Facilitate work sessions to support activities in line with Agropur Operating System; including the ability to facilitate kaizens when required;
- Motivate teams in working together towards achieving common goals. Define horizontal objectives with different teams, create change around those objectives, eliminate obstacles, and implement problem resolution tools in order for the plant to succeed in its mission;
What you need to join our team:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience (continuous improvement, production, maintenance) focused on performance management;
- Understand union culture and experience working with an unionized environment;
- Preferred lean/six sigma accreditation
- Accomplished communicator, facilitator skills, skilled in mobilizing teams to lead change; •Ability to travel between Agropur’s various sites;
Does this sound like you?
Are you up for the challenge? Apply now.
Agropur welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life. We are proud to be an employer with a diverse community and are committed to providing a respectful and inclusive experience for all employees and applicants. We will therefore work with candidates who request accommodation. Please note that an adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.