Job Position: Nurse (Fly-In Fly-Out)
Company: Agnico Eagle Mines
Location: Baker Lake, NU
Nurse (Fly-In Fly-Out) Job Details:
Reporting to the Health and Safety General Supervisor, you will be part of the Health and Safety Department. The incumbent will be responsible for employee injury management, liaising with the WSCC for injury case management, new hire assessments, and working with our Medical Director as necessary. You will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s values, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
· Provide care to workers who are injured or become ill at work;
· Assess the severity of a medical emergency and decide what treatment is appropriate;
· Perform medical examinations, audiograms, PFT tests, and administer vaccinations;
· Conduct WSCC/CNESST claims management and support for workers and contractors, ensuring appropriate documentation is completed;
· Manage disability cases in collaboration with the Human Resources Department, as well as Return to Work programs for the site;
· Ensure all medical equipment is inspected, certified and ready for an emergency;
· Collect data from the departments and produce the required documentation for the month-end report;
· Develop, schedule and implement Health & Hygiene Monitoring Programs;
· Support other departments in the conception of their policies and procedures in keeping with the health and safety mining regulations;
· Provide support and recommendations for corrective actions related to accidents/incidents, and conduct a follow-up by tracking injuries on Intelex;
· Ensure the emergency transportation plan is completed;
· Confirm communication equipment is fully operational;
· Complete all appropriate documentation when arriving on any job site;
· Complete site sign-in, company orientations and Hazard Assessments as assigned;
· Partake in meetings and present results of the survey for the effectiveness of health requirements;
· Follow all federal and provincial health and safety mining regulations;
· Wear all Personal Protective Equipment at all times on the job site;
· Remain current with treatment protocols reviewing the corporate handbook weekly;
· Apply the best Health and Safety practices daily.
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing;
· Be a qualified Registered Nurse in the territory of Nunavut;
· 7-8 years of experience as a Registered Nurse;
· Emergency Room experience considered an asset;
· ACLS, ATLS or TNCC Certificate or equivalent;
· Experience working in a camp setting;
· Experience working in an Arctic environment is an asset;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
· Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite applications especially Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
Note that the official working language at Meadowbank Complex is English.
Your Work Schedule:
· Schedule: 14 days of work, followed by 14 days for transportation and rest;
· Accommodations and meals are provided on site at no cost to the employee. Agnico Eagle provides charter flights to and from the mine site and will accommodate to cover other travelling expenses according to your location of residence in Canada.