Job Position: Mobile Maintenance Planner/Scheduler
Company: Anglo American
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Mobile Maintenance Planner/Scheduler Job Details:
De Beers Group has an opportunity within the Mobile Maintenance Department at the Gahcho Kué Mine, Northwest Territories for a motivated and energetic Maintenance Planner. Reporting to the Senior Mobile Maintenance Planner, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the maximum mechanical availability of the mobile maintenance fleet, in the safest, most efficient, most accurate and most cost-effective manner. The department is fast-paced, requiring a team member who can think on their feet and intelligently change priorities on short notice while integrating the needs of the maintenance execution team. The successful candidate will have a continuous improvement mindset and be a professional who looks for innovative solutions to contribute to departmental breakthrough performance. This role will be instrumental in translating maintenance plans into viable and executable deliverables on the shop floor. The ideal candidate is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Earn up to a 9% company contribution to your pension plan;
- Quarterly operational bonus program;
- Remote Mine Site Allowance;
- Salary Enhancement for working in the NWT;
- MyShare – Employee Share Plan;
- Travel Allowance to offset the costs of getting to the nearest point of pick up;
- Immediate participation in our 100% employer-paid extended health and dental benefits program (no waiting period);
- Relocation support is available to anyone who wishes to move to the Northwest Territories; and
- The Gahcho Kué Mine camp features a full-service dining room, and individual private bedrooms equipped with satellite cable television, telephones, and WiFi internet. There’s also a full-sized gymnasium, squash courts, and state-of-the-art fitness equipment.
- Using SAP CMMS software to proficiently and properly set equipment hierarchies, implement BOMs, document work performed, order parts, create and manage plans, check inventory, monitor equipment/materials history, etc.;
- Preparing work packages that define preventative and corrective work, set standards for delivery, minimize impact on operations, and incorporate special requirements and resources for completing the work;
- Creating and managing weekly and long-term schedules utilizing SAP Plant Maintenance Plans & Work Orders;
- Coordinating and scheduling manpower and parts to minimize downtime and optimize production;
- Ensuring plan deviations and deficiencies are communicated to the team, including specifics pertaining to the causes of non-compliance, then put actions in place to effectively to achieve overall plan and schedule compliance, while capturing lessons learned for future plans;
- Managing equipment backlog and tracking all work performed by employees and contractors, while properly documenting task completions and budget compliance;
- Monitoring all equipment and infrastructure conditions and ensuring preventative maintenance is performed properly;
- Identifying and acting on areas requiring improvement, repair, or correction while ensuring compliance
to all applicable standards; * Participating in daily safety tool box talks, periodic safety meetings, routine and statutory safety inspections, root cause analysis and planned task observations, as required;
- Managing and tracking all statistics to support evaluation against departmental KPIs;
- Scheduling mandatory inspections, testing (including NDT), repairs and documentation pertaining to legislated equipment requirements;
- Supporting urgent breakdown repairs to ensure they are attended to adequately in the shop or field, in a timely manner by employees or contractors, and verifying required parts and placing urgent orders; and
- Actively promoting cooperation and communication between maintenance, contractors, vendors and all other stakeholders within the operation.
This is a site-based position on a 14 days in/14 days out rotation.
- Legally permitted to work in Canada;
- University degree or a valid Inter-provincial trade qualification in a mechanical discipline;
- Experience planning preventative and corrective maintenance in mobile maintenance environment (5-7 years);
- 3 – 5 experience configuring and using SAP;
- Possess the ability to work independently within provided guidelines, a high level of initiative, and personal time organization skills;
- Proven ability to communicate, share information, and seek input from different teams to plan work;
- Experience producing and developing reports and maintaining data integrity;
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Project;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Courageous safety leader who has intervened to stop unsafe and harmful acts; and
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, cross-cultural environment.
- Advanced SAP Planned Maintenance Training;
- Previous experience with Prometheus SAP Planning and Scheduling;
- Previous experience working within Consignment Inventory Systems; and
- Previous experience working within RAMP (Repair and Maintenance Program) Contracts.
Who We Are:
Active in Canada for over 60 years, we are part of De Beers Group, the world’s leading diamond company. Globally, we are a team of more than 20,000 people, with operations in Canada, Botswana, Namibia, and South Africa, and activities across the diamond value chain from exploration to diamond jewelry retail. Our unwavering focus on sustainability and Building Forever fuels our commitment to advance standards across the diamond industry, protect the natural world, partner with local communities, and accelerate economic inclusion to support diversity in our business and beyond.
In Canada, we have more than 600 employees working at offices in Calgary, Toronto and Yellowknife, actively exploring for new diamond opportunities, recovering diamonds at the joint venture Gahcho Kué mine in the Northwest Territories, and closing and rehabilitating two mines. We are also advancing the Chidliak Project to establish a technologically advanced diamond mine on Baffin Island using FutureSmart Mining™ principles.
At De Beers, we believe in the power of working in partnership with communities to create lasting, positive impacts that endure long after we recover the last diamond. Our inclusive and diverse workplace values mining with respect for the environment and nearby communities, and we seek team players who share our passion for Making Life Brilliant.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health, and the well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
As a global #HeForShe Thematic Champion, De Beers is committed to promoting an equitable, inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential. Please inform us should there be any special requirements that should be considered as part of your application.
Sustainability is at the heart of our decision-making – it is how we do business. Building Forever is key to our purpose as it represents our ambitious and holistic sustainability framework and is central to our ability to deliver long-term value to our communities and partners. This shapes how we protect our social and environmental license to operate, build a long-term legacy in our host communities and earn consumers’ trust in our diamonds that they can wear with pride.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
Referral incentive applicable: This opportunity is open to a paid referral incentive according to the Employee Referral Policy (HRM.AD.21.00). Referral incentives are applicable to De Beers Group internal employees only.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.