Job title: Marketing Specialist
Company: California Institute of Integral Studies
Expected salary: $55000 – 70000 per year
Location: San Francisco, CA
Marketing Specialist Job Details:
Location: San Francisco, CA Category: Staff Positions Posted On: Wed Jul 12 2023 Job Description:
The Marketing Specialist will join a dynamic, creative, and forward-looking Communications and Marketing team, with the opportunity to help reshape and advance CIIS’ brand through cohesive messaging and strong storytelling and build strategic relationships across the University. This person is responsible for contributing to both the creation and distribution of compelling, dynamic content and campaigns that position CIIS’ programs, offerings, and mission to a broad range of audiences, both locally and worldwide.
This position reports to the Director of Integrated Marketing to help define and cultivate audiences through market and competitor research, monitor and implement new marketing concepts, instruments, and technologies. The Marketing Specialist works through cross-functional sharing and collaboration across all University departments to advance marketing strategies, tactics, and materials in support of the institutional goals and strategic plan.
The Marketing Specialist will need to exercise good judgment regarding how to prioritize tasks in the face of frequently shifting priorities. It is essential to have excellent judgment, integrity, flexibility, and creativity as well as a positive attitude; the ability to collaborate and consult with diverse groups; and a good sense of humor (we like to laugh). If you are passionate about marketing in Higher Education, have great writing chops, an eye for design, unsurpassed curiosity about the human condition, top-notch communications skills, and ready to take-on new challenges in higher education, this position is for you.
Integrated marketing is one of four groups in the Office of Strategic Communications & Relations; the others include creative services, web administration, and media relations. Our team works hard, but we have healthy boundaries, deep respect for one another, and enjoy having fun.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strengthen and maintain strategic relationships across departments.
- Work closely with academic programs and train staff representatives on best-in-class marketing, communications, and relations practices.
- Work closely with the Admissions team to proactively support enrollment/program marketing needs.
- Support implementation of marketing plans/programs to meet strategic objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Research program advertising opportunities and recruit new third-party vendors
- Coordinate with the Creative Services team on the design and production of select marketing materials.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and analyze campaign/program/service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation, and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and research market trends.
- May help to plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Support the Integrated Marketing team in preparation for campaign case studies and presentations.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, making data-driven recommendations for optimization and improvement.
- Stay up-to-date and proactively report on industry trends and best practices to ensure marketing campaigns are innovative and effective.
- Manage project/campaign requests via Zendesk
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Knowledge of core marketing principles and concepts across channels, including digital and print.
- Knowledge of customer service standards / procedures.
- Strong organizational and project management skills (e.g., Asana, Slack).
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills.
- Familiarity with or passion for higher education and CIIS.
- A “can-do,” proactive attitude and willingness to learn.
- A growth-mindset, including being curious about learning and understanding new tools and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Experience with managing projects.
- Systems knowledge: Microsoft Suite, HTML, Drupal, Google Suite, communication platforms.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions. This includes working with reporting platforms, excel, and conducting data analysis.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, adapt to change and develop positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Familiar with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Strong attention to details.
We’d Love It if You Have:
- Preferred: Experience with program or enrollment marketing.
- Previous experience in product, program, and/or services marketing.
- Knowledge of editorial practices including writing, copyediting, and proofreading.
- Knowledge of graphic and general web design.
- Experience with Canva, and Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
Occasional work performed alone with ability to work remotely from time-to-time. Collaboration and constant work around and with other people.
This position requires attention to detail, good memory, ability to work under deadline pressure, sitting and standing for long periods of time, oral and written communication, keyboarding for significant portions of the workday, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching, patience, and tact to perform the essential functions.
WAGES AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $55,000 – $70,000 (commensurate with experience)
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions – Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically Monday through Friday.
- Background Check – Due to the sensitivity and requirements of this position, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses, or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver’s license.
- Visa Sponsorship – Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance – This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS strives to cultivate and preserve a culture of inclusion and belonging as part of its Seven Commitments. More than accept difference, we honor and celebrate our staff’s diversity of experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community creates and maintains working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, accessible, and welcoming.
CIIS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation, and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual, and bicultural students, faculty, and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI+). CIIS is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Apply for the job now!