Job Position: Manager Program Services
Company: Government of South Australia
Location: Glenside, SA
Manager Program Services Job Details:
Department of Primary Industries and Regions
Job reference: 573152
Location: – VARIOUS -, 5065 – GLENSIDE
Job status: Long Term Contract
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
We have an opportunity for a Manager Program Services to be part of our Biosecurity Division within the Department of Primary Industries and Regions.
The Manager, Program Services is part of the Fruit Fly Emergency Response Program (the Program) within the Biosecurity Division of PIRSA. The Manager, Program Services contributes to the goals and objectives of the Fruit Fly Emergency Response Program by providing leadership and oversight for the Response’s Logistics Team.
The position contributes to the implementation of operational plans by ensuring that business management functions which support their implementation are delivered in accordance with PIRSA policy.
The position establishes systems to monitor and report against agreed key performance indicators, making it possible to monitor whether or not the business management functions are being implemented to expectation and are being effective.
South Australia is internationally recognised for the quality of its agriculture, food, and wine. Our regions are the backbone of our state and the economic powerhouse that drives prosperity for all South Australians.
The Department of Primary Industries and Regions (PIRSA) is a key economic development agency working in partnership with our primary industries, regional stakeholders and across all levels of government to advance the prosperity and sustainability of South Australia’s primary industries and regional communities.
We are a passionate team of around 800 people working across metropolitan and regional South Australia to develop and protect our state’s regions and food, wine, aquaculture, fisheries, forestry, grains, livestock, dairy and horticulture industries.
It’s no wonder there are so many exciting and diverse career opportunities in our organisation. If you’re ready to join us, apply now!
At the Department of Primary Industries and Regions, we offer our employees challenging and rewarding work with opportunities for career progression, learning and development and flexibility.
Our Commitment to Diversity
The Department of Primary Industries and Regions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, irrespective of culture, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or age.
- Successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete a National Police Check (NPC) prior to being made an offer of employment.
- Australian residency or current works permit is required (responsibility of applicant to provide evidence of a current work permit).
- Opportunity up to December 2025.
- The Manager, Program Services is part of the Fruit Fly Emergency Response Team within the Biosecurity Division of PIRSA
- You acknowledge your work, health and safety obligations and our expectations.
- The role is located at PIRSA’s Glenside Office or the Riverland.
- The incumbent will be required to undertake emergency management training and must be willing to participate in emergency preparedness, response and recovery activities required by government agencies.
Other requirements specific to the role includes:
- Possession of a current driver’s licence and a willingness to drive.
- Intrastate and interstate travel and overnight absences may be required.
ASO7 – $106,512 min – $115,137 max per annum, plus superannuation
Phone: 0484 589 567
All applications must be submitted online.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please see the attached applicant instructions, and outline your skills and experience in relation to the Professional and Technical Knowledge, Leading & Motivating Others and Planning & Organising capabilities of the attached role description.
Applicants must include the contact information of at least 2 referees with 1 being your immediate supervisor/manager and a completed “Pre-Employment Declaration in the SA Public Sector” form.
Applications close: 04/02/2024 11:45 PM
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.