Job Position: Maintenance Fitter
Company: Kerry Group
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Maintenance Fitter Job Details:
Requisition ID 46615
Position Type FT Permanent
Posting Type LI
Kerry is the world’s leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers’ most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
The role of the Shift Electrician is to support the operations team in delivering to its customers the highest quality product, on time in full while ensuring the equipment is safe in its operation for both personal and the product it produces.
This Shift Electrician is the custodian of the equipment and systems within the plant, to this end the person performing this role will be required to perform emergency response support to operations for all equipment issues, minimizing downtime and waste. Planned maintenance tasks will be required to be completed to prevent equipment failures during operation and bring forward improved maintenance suggestions and/or improvement initiatives to increase reliability of equipment and where possible to increase the availability, improve quality and/or efficiency while at all-times ensuring safety systems is maintained or improved.
The position will form part of a team of 3 electricians operating on an 8hr shift either day shift, afternoon shift or night shift. There will be a shift rotation in place. The position will have call out requirement approximately 1 in 8 weeks. From time to time it will be required to do overtime and/or weekend work.
- Demonstrate leadership in the area of safety. Ensure all work undertaken during maintenance activities performed does not breach the appropriate HSE standards and where necessary will assist others and/or report safety breaches
- Responsible for ensuring an up to date knowledge of Kerry policies, regional, national and local legislative requirements necessary in performing tasks associated with the role of maintenance electrician
- Participate in process and equipment risk assessments and HACCP studies as necessary
- Leads or assists in the troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance of the electro-mechanical food manufacturing equipment or processes containing pneumatic, hydraulic, instrumentation, PLC and/or Scada-control systems
- Leads or assists in the troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance of facilities plant and services including but not limited to compressed air, refrigeration and steam
- To be observant and work off your own initiative when a fault is detected and to take decisive action to effect immediate repair or seek further assistance or support
- Participate in cross functional teams to implement continuous improvement initiatives to reduce cost per ton
- Provides recommendations for improvement to the maintenance plans and/or equipment to eliminate downtime and waste, improving overall plant efficiency
- Work with equipment suppliers or contractors on new equipment and installations and modifications as requested
- Provide mentoring and coaching to other trades and/or apprentices
- Update the maintenance management system (MEX), record all works performed, stores transactions made, and all changes/modifications made to equipment/systems
- Where necessary supports planner/scheduler in specifying job plans for efficient execution
- Maintains and reports updates and changes to process control and/or documentation including drawings, programs, I/O lists, and databases. All changes to be logged in CMMS.
- Participate in process and equipment risk assessments when requested in order to optimize engineering design, hygienic design, personnel safety, environmental
Qualifications and skills
- Trade qualified – Electrical.
- Multi-skilled / cross-skilled appreciation
- Aptitude for process awareness,
- Strong diagnostic / trouble-shooting experience gained in a Hi-volume manufacturing or process environment
- Strong knowledge & experience of manufacturing electro/mechanical automated equipment & processes including pneumatic, hydraulic and instrumentation-controlled systems.
- Proficient with Computers
- Familiar with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Drying, Milling, powder handling, extrusion, wet processing packing experience are a plus.
- PLC programming or diagnostics advantageous
- Knowledge & experience with facilities plant, Boilers (steam or Hot water), refrigeration, air handling, effluent treatments plants
- Demonstrate capability on trouble shooting electrical & instrumentation systems safely
- Knowledge of electro-pneumatic and pneumatic systems
- Planned maintenance knowledge & understanding
- LV systems
- Direct Drives, inverter drives, soft starts
- PLC/automated systems
- Reading & interpreting drawings
- Competent in MEX or similar CMMS
- Knowledge and understanding of HV systems
- Power Factor correction
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical equipment
- Cross-skilled appreciation
- Excellent organisation skills
- Consistent Values led approach
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills
Beware of scams online or from individuals claiming to represent us. A Kerry employee will not solicit candidates through a non-Kerry email address or phone number. In addition, Kerry does not currently utilise video chat rooms (e.g., Google Hangouts) to conduct interviews. Refuse any request that asks you to provide payment to participate in the hiring process (e.g., purchasing a “starter kit,” investing in training, or something similar). Kerry will not ask you to pay any money at any point in the hiring process with the exception of reimbursable travel expenses. In addition, any payments made by Kerry will be from official firm accounts bearing the Kerry name.