Job Position: Lead Technical Artist
Company: People Can Fly
Location: Warsaw, ON
Lead Technical Artist Job Details:
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we’re growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR – an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
- Setting the pipeline and technical tools as well as maintaining the quality standards to deliver the highest class of assets created by the Technical Artists Team, and ensuring that they follow the Technical Art Director vision
- Managing the talents of the Technical Artist team to achieve the best possible result for the project and personal growth of team members
- Providing mentorship, direction, and best in class managing principles to ensure quality results
- and efficient working practices
- Providing day-to-day feedback and creatively solving problems
- Working with the production team on tasks assignment and a team schedule
- Working hand in hand with the Art Director, Technical Director, and Art Leads to set the technical
- guidelines for content development
- Developing powerful and efficient workflows for the Art team working together with the
- Programmers and Programmers Leads
- Researching and implementing new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality
- Creating high-quality assets and gadgets suitable technically and artistically to project universe
- Helping to improve and refine shader, texture, lighting quality
- Identifying and resolving pipeline issues
- Analyzing and improving art asset inefficiencies to optimize console and PC performance
- Providing R&D projects and pipeline and workflows improvements
- Supervising of bug fixing and describing R&D case studies in the knowledge base
- Conducting consistent performance reviews of staff members
- Conducting recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- At least 7+ years of game development experience
- At least two AAA titles developed and shipped from start to finish
- At least 2 years of team leading experience
- Strong Leadership and mentoring skills
- Great understanding of creative and game development processes
- Experience in all aspects of creating game content for consoles and PC
- Extensive experience working with UE4
- Expert Maya knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, and Substance Designer
- Strong knowledge of current 3D graphics techniques
- Strong knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting, and
- Strong experience in visual scripting in Eunreal Enginee Editor
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- Proficiency with Atlassian software (JIRA, Confluence)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making videogames
Nice to have
- Max Scripting and HLSL or shader programming experience
- Houdini experience
- Scripting and plug-in writing skills with Maya and Python or C++
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile – cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work culture. PCF is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.