Job Position: HR Support Officer
Company: Darwalla Group
Location: Darling Downs, WA
HR Support Officer Job Details:
- Be hands-on to put your people skills to good use in our family-owned poultry business.
- Enjoy flexibility in a ‘big but small’ company, where we genuinely care.
- Have meaningful impact through knowing the people you are dealing with.
- Help us be ‘One Team, growing Great Chickens’ by joining our small HR team.
- You will be a people-person, with genuine work ethics and a desire to help.
- You will have three years of experience in a human resources or recruitment setting within the Australian work environment.
- You will love dealing with employees & know how to recruit a quality candidate.
- You will have a working understanding of Australian laws relating to discrimination, bullying & harassment.
- You will have a respectful and collaborative manner to influence a diverse workforce.
- You will have the maturity to work independently & cooperatively with a remote team.
- You’ll be pro-active with good organizational skills to keep on top of the behind-the-scenes admin.
- Ideally, you will have software experience, particularly with applications like ConnX (HR system), Expr3ss! (recruitment system), and the Microsoft suite, including SharePoint.
- You won’t be afraid to get stuck in to do the admin or put your hand up where help is needed – we work together to support each other.
- You’ll do the right thing, even when no-one is watching.
About the role
In short – you’re here to support our teams based on the Southern Darling Downs, working remotely from, but in conjunction with, our 2-person HR team based at Mt Cotton.
- Based at our brand new Allora office, you will work together with the People & Culture Manager and the HR Coordinator to assist our teams from our farms and our hatchery with recruitment, inductions, onboarding and people management.
- We envisage this being a 3-day per week role providing on-site support to our farms and hatchery located in & around Allora/Clifton.
- The role of HR Support is a new role to supplement the 2-person HR team to provide on-the-ground people support to our teams.
- Your exceptional people skills will be used to help us source, recruit and retain good staff.
- Some travel will be required to be familiar with our process & know our people spread across 8 farms, a hatchery and our feed mill/workshop/weighbridge & main office.
- As you will sometimes be required to be in our production facilities, you will need to meet our strict biosecurity requirements & be willing to shower in & out of our facilities. Please read the attached declaration carefully.
- We are a 90-year-old family poultry business, with around 170 direct employees, based in Mt Cotton but with sites spread across Southeast Queensland.
- We have a diverse workforce and try to live by our values of Respect, Courage, Unity and Ownership.
- Although we’re not perfect, we aim to do our best for our people and our chickens.
- Take a look at our website to discover more about Darwalla & what we do:
Are you Darwalla’s next HR team member? Please apply to start the conversation.