Job Position: Housekeeping Aide
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Expected salary: $23.63 per hour
Location: Powell River, BC
Housekeeping Aide Job Details:
Come work as a Housekeeping Aide with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Housekeeper to join the Environmental Services/Housekeeping team at qathet General Hospital in Powell River, BC to promote a safe and respectful working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff. Apply today to join our team!
As a Housekeeper with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties such as but not limited to:
- damp dusting;
- dry and wet mopping of floors;
- floor maintenance and refinishing using appropriate equipment;
- cleaning & disinfecting ceiling, wall, vent, washroom, bed, furniture and equipment;
- regular and biomedical waste collection and removal;
- spill clean-up;
- and maintaining the overall cleanliness of the facility according to organizational policies, procedures and routines.
About Environmental Services with VCH:
Many people are familiar with the terms ‘janitorial’ or ‘housekeeping’ but these terms don’t necessarily encompass all their responsibilities. Rather, the role of Environmental Services is to work with hospital staff to keep employees, patients and visitors safe with proper medical cleaning and disinfecting. Environmental Services works closely with infection control and patient care teams to clean and disinfect clinical and non-clinical areas, including patient care rooms, offices, washrooms and common areas. They also remove garbage, recycling, soiled linen and bio-hazard waste, vacuum carpets, clean and polish floors and disinfect walls and beds, among other duties.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre – once home to the world’s largest pulp and paper mill – Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you’ve long been waiting for.
Education & Experience
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ‘going first’ when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply online via the Internal Career Portal on CareerHub, you are currently viewing the External Career Portal. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for instructions on how to view internal job postings and how to apply as an employee. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.