Job Position: Cook Supervisor, Part Time
Company: Compass Group
Expected salary: $20.41 per hour
Location: Yorkton, SK
Cook Supervisor, Part Time Job Details:
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we’re here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Location: White Spruce Training Center – 72 Smith Street, Yorkton, SK S3N 2Y4
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Part Time
Schedule: Varies, up to 40 hours per week
Important Information: Benefits available, Require a vulnerable sector security clearance.
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for supervising the Associates in the completion of a variety of duties in the preparation and distribution of meals as per the requirements of the menu for that specific Correctional Center
As a Cook Supervisor, you will:
- Plan required quantities of ingredients for assigned food production area
- Save a sample meal for the health inspector
- Maintains and completes required Quality Assurance records
- Assist with inventory control including conducting weekly inventory, proper product rotation, and food orders to meet inventory requirements from authorized suppliers
- Ensure that meal service carts are loaded properly and on schedule
- Supervision of unloading of carts and trolleys and completes cleaning duties as required
- Assist in unpacking and restocking of supplies
- Maintain all kitchen areas in a clean and orderly condition
- Maintain a clean and safe work area adhering to food safety and health standards
- Prioritize and delegate tasks in kitchen layout and prep
- Ensure all products and ingredients required are delivered in a timely manner for prompt delivery to kitchens and clientele
- Ensure food ingredients are stored in their designated area and rotated in the proper manner
- Provide input into catering menus and develop new menu items
- Assist in maintaining accurate daily production records and completing all required documentation, reports, and logs as assigned
- Assis with training employees: plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; rewards and discipline associates; address complaints and resolve problems
- Advise management of purchasing requirements with a focus on minimizing waste and avoiding product shortages
- Proven cooking experience and ability to prepare meals in high volume environments.
- Very good experience in QA
- A valid Food Handler Certificate or provincial equivalent (an asset)
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school or experience
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.