Job Position: Franchise Business Consultant- Restaurant
Company: Dairy Queen
Location: Regina, SK
Franchise Business Consultant- Restaurant Job Details:
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and more than 20 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We’re looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Franchise Business Consultant to be home based in or around Regina or Saskatoon, Canada.
The Franchise Business Consultant provides leadership and coaching to franchisees and Operations team to achieve short and long-term company and operations objectives. Utilize knowledge of restaurant operations and staff resources to provide counsel and assistance to franchisee owners/operators to positively impact and improve sales, profits, operating standards and systems while maintaining or exceeding customer expectations. Protect Dairy Queen® trademarks. Gain and maintain support of DMA chair people and other key franchisee leadership in achieving objectives.
Key accountabilities Include:
- Effectively implement and execute the Worldwide Operation’s Business Plan (Rolling 1, 2 and 3 year plan).
- Develop and implement a district wide business plan (i.e., integrated marketing, operations, training, development and supply chain plan)
- When and where appropriate, establish and implement effective business plans with franchise owners in the district. Provide necessary counsel and assistance to ensure the plans include specific objectives and strategies in support of DQCI’s Operations and Marketing Plan. Monitor progress and goal achievement status.
- Provide leadership in developing and managing marketing performance through effective partnerships with appropriate departments, vendors and franchisees.
- Responsible for positioning franchisees for consistent achievement of optimal shift management, food safety, quality, service, cleanliness, repair and maintenance, and atmosphere goals as established by Operation’s Business Plan and DQCI’s operating standards.
- Where appropriate and available, determines financial status of select franchisees and monitors for progress. Provides impactful advice and counsel to position franchisees for optimal financial health.
- Provide leadership in assisting with successful new restaurant / store openings. Provide training support from equipment install through opening and on-going consulting support to achieve our desired ROI.
- Implement strategies to assist franchisee in executing human resource, training and professional development plans and programs, where appropriate.
- Partners with appropriate DQCI’s staff to help position new and existing franchisees to establish and execute effective development, reinvestment, and renewal strategies.
- Responsible for monitoring consistent execution and delivery of company strategies to ensure food safety, menu compliance, trademark protection and DQCI standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, restaurant management or a related field or equivalent restaurant operations experience
- 4 or more years of restaurant management (multi-unit/high volume preferred) and/or franchise operations management (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- A clean driving record and ability to be insured to drive a car are required
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with the Restaurant Industry (QSR preferred) and restaurant operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Relationship building skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships with both internal and external clients and ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work on evenings and weekends, as necessary, to meet business needs
- Frequent (4+ hours per day) communication via telephone and email
- Ability to travel 2 – 4 weeks per month for franchisee and staff meetings/visits
- Ability to drive an automobile for franchisee and staff meetings/visits which may require sitting in vehicle up to 8 hours per day and the ability to travel by air
- Ability to stand on concrete or tiled floors for up to 8 hours per day
- No food or beverage allergies that would prevent you from tasting products or working in and around a Dairy Queen® or Orange Julius® restaurant environment
Most positions located out of our corporate office in Burlington, Ontario will work a hybrid work schedule where you will work 2 collaboration days a week. Additional in office time may be required to support team/project needs. Positions will be identified as “remote eligible” when consideration will be given to candidates outside of drivable distance to our Burlington, Ontario office.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion for all who touch DQ. We believe in and commit to fostering a community where employees bring their authentic selves to work; where we recruit, engage and retain employees, franchise owners and suppliers with diverse background and identities; and where everyone feels welcome engaging with our DQ brand.
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Franchise Business Consultant- Restaurant Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Franchise Business Consultant- Restaurant Vacancies in Canada.