Job title: Finance & Accounting Internship Program – Summer 2024
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Finance & Accounting Internship Program – Summer 2024 Job Details:
The Medpace Finance & Accounting Internship Program is a flexible, paid professional development opportunity that offers hands-on finance and accounting experience. Internships are in-person and will vary in scope by department. Our interns will:
- Have an opportunity to have a real impact on business objectives
- Gain skills and meaningful work experience and targeted educational opportunities to develop as future leaders
- Build experience in financial concepts, critical thinking and business acumen
- Learn to clearly communicate in a financial environment
- Receive mentoring, have exposure to executive leadership and participate in Medpace social and networking activities
- Opportunity to potentially rotate to other Finance & Accounting departments
Positions are available in the following departments:
- Corporate Accounting
- Revenue Recognition
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Investor Relations
- Commercial Operations
- Internal Audit
- Play an integral role in valuation, analysis, and forecasting processes and assessments. Furthermore, provide analysis and explanation of significant trends and contribute to the presentation of periodic financial results to management.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of standardized best practices pertaining to the reporting and analysis of financial results, including the design of management reporting, analytical tools and related processes.
- Integrate data from across various groups to construct an overall understanding of performance that delivers meaningful information.
- Maintain financial models and systems that drive financial budgeting and reporting process, and support enhancements to those models and systems
- Partner with various Operational and Support departments (Commercial Operations & Project Management) throughout the Organization toassess financial performance and develop forecasts and budgets.
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of internal financial reports to Senior Management and other various business end users.
- Assist with the development of departmental SOPs and/or other departmental process and procedures documents as needed.
- Provide support in special projects which will provide an opportunity to flex their finance, accounting, analytical, and business understanding to improve an existing process.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Highly organized, possess high attention to detail, deadline oriented
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with all levels of management
- Team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision if needed
Medpace is a full-service clinical contract research organization (CRO). We provide Phase I-IV clinical development services to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Our mission is to accelerate the global development of safe and effective medical therapeutics through its scientific and disciplined approach. We leverage local regulatory and therapeutic expertise across all major areas including oncology, cardiology, metabolic disease, endocrinology, central nervous system, anti-viral and anti-infective. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, employing more than 5,000 people across 40+ countries.
People. Purpose. Passion. Make a Difference Tomorrow. Join Today
The work we’ve done over the past 30+ years has positively impacted the lives of countless patients and families who face hundreds of diseases across all key therapeutic areas. The work we do today will improve the lives of people living with illness and disease in the future.
- Hybrid work-from-home options (dependent upon position and level)
- Competitive PTO packages, starting at 20+ days
- Flexible work hours
- Discounted tuition for UC online programs
- Company-sponsored employee appreciation events
- Employee health and wellness initiatives
- Community involvement with local nonprofit organizations
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Structured career paths with opportunities for professional growth
- Partnership and discount with onsite childcare
- Discounts on local sports games, local fitness gyms and attractions
- Official Sponsor of FC Cincinnati
- Modern, ecofriendly campus with an on-site fitness center, bar, and restaurants
- Recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-size Companies in 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Continually recognized with CRO Leadership Awards from Life Science Leader magazine based on expertise, quality, capabilities, reliability, and compatibility
What to Expect Next
A Medpace team member will review your qualifications and, if interested, you will be contacted with details for next steps.
EO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vets
Apply for the job now!