Job Position: Farm Manager with Sponsorship Australia 2023
Location: Coffin Bay, SA, 5607, Australia
Employment type: Full Time
Farm Manager with Sponsorship Offer:
- Leading edge shellfish technology in a growing aquacultural enterprise
- Attractive salary + fantastic benefits
- Work in a thriving coastal location
Angel Seafood is Australia’s leading producer of organic and sustainable-certified pacific oysters. Founded in 2009, they are recognized as a leader in the oyster industry.
Formerly listed on the Australian stock exchange, the enterprise was recently acquired by one of Australia’s premier Agricultural Private Equity funds. With new access to capital, Angel has embarked on a significant growth phase.
The company’s core values of care for its people, pride in its product, passion for the environment and challenging the status quo remain the pillar of its success.
As part of Angel’s growth plan, the Company recently introduced leading edge ‘FlipFarm’ technology for their Coffin Bay farm, on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. They are now looking for a Flip Farm Manager to lead the on-farm production team in line with the company’s growth ambitions.
Farm Manager with Sponsorship Role
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be a major input for the operations team, taking responsibility for FlipFarm operations, infrastructure, and maintenance. Primarily, you will ensure maximum availability and efficiency of the farm, safely and cost-effectively, in a ‘team first’ environment.
- Develop and implement deployment and harvesting plans in conjunction with the Regional Manager to fulfill both sales and growth out priorities.
- Ensure safe and efficient processes, plant, and equipment through the implementation of proven practices and maintenance tasks, with regular safety inspections, quality checks, and effective information management.
- Provide team leadership, support the weekly planning process, and time management of the crew, including staff training requirements, to achieve outcomes in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Assist with required budget and financial management controls to clearly identify key cost drivers and opportunities for Continuous improvement initiatives for the operations.
The Flip Farm Manager will be an effective leader who can motivate people and guide culture – positively influencing the organization’s success.
Angel Seafood is seeking someone who is passionate about the aquaculture industry, adopting creativity and innovation around its environment, people, and processes.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Coxswain’s a certificate/ Exemption 38 (or equivalent)
- Aquaculture crew leader experience, ideally in shellfish farming
- Relevant Leadership and Management experience and qualifications.
- Senior First Aid, Driver’s, and Forklift Licences
This exciting opportunity offers eligibility for a generous short-term incentive program and other benefits, including assistance with relocation and accommodation.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please call Brodie McHugh on (08) 8201 9999.
Reference number BM4346.
Sponsorship may be available for the successful applicant