Job Position: Farm Manager Job Description
Location: Hamilton (via Kapunda), South Australia 5373
Employment type: Full Time
Farm Manager Job Description
- Full-time, permanent position with standard hours
- 184-year-old, historic sheep property
- Highly reputable agribusiness
Our client is a leading wool production and tourism operation located near Kapunda, South Australia. The property is the oldest merino stud on the mainland of Australia and continues to produce pure luxury merino wool while also welcoming tourism guests for luxury stays and functions.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Farm Manager to join our client’s team and manage the farm’s day-to-day operations. The role requires a hands-on approach to managing the commercial and stud flock, with a high emphasis on animal husbandry and welfare. The Farm Manager will also coordinate and liaise with contractors for the execution of annual cropping, with the primary focus on growing hay and grain for feed consumption.
In this hands-on role, the Farm Manager will manage and coordinate all day-to-day activities on the farm to optimize current and long-term production and animal health objectives in line with professional farm practices.
- Develop and implement strategies and long-term plans in consultation with the Owner
- Maintain accurate records and reporting of farm activities
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations
- Day to day farm management and maintenance
- Coordinate and liaise with contractors for the execution of annual cropping
- Lifetime Ewe Management experience
- Experience with Prograze would be considered favourable
- High level of computer literacy and ability
- Experience and or knowledge of EID systems and management
- High level of verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in management of a merino farming operation
- Highly developed communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work closely with the Owner to develop and execute strategies and long-term plans
- Ability to work both as a member of a team and autonomously
Benefits & Culture:
- Substantial 4-bedroom house and garden (built-in 1907 from locally quarried stone)
- Use of work vehicle
- Inclusive & collegiate company culture
If you are a self-motivated and experienced Farm Manager with a passion for animal welfare and sustainable agriculture, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your resume and cover letter to be considered for this opportunity.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please call Tina Wolens or Tom Lucas at (08) 8201 9999.
Reference number (check company website)
Sponsorship is not available for this role.
The Lucas Group For Farm Manager Job Description
For over 30 years The Lucas Group has been providing agricultural industries in Australia with executive search, recruitment, and human resources consulting services.