Job Position: Early Childhood Teacher
Company: Goodstart Early Learning
Expected salary: $37.02 – 56.99 per hour
Location: Nuriootpa, SA
Early Childhood Teacher Job Details:
Centre: Goodstart Nuriootpa
Employment Type: 1 Permanent Full Time and 1 Maternity Leave contract from late Dec 2023 to late Feb 2025. Both roles within the Preschool Room (3-5yr olds)
Pay: Ranges from $37.02 to $56.99 per hour – qualification and experience dependent
- Help provide the best start to a child’s life. Make a lasting impact while growing an incredible career
- Lead change, and champion practice uplift and excellence
- Competitive salary package on par with state primary school Teachers a range of benefits including childcare discount + paid parental leave
Looking for a chance to bring your knowledge and creativity to an environment where you’ll be truly valued? If you’re excited by the chance to shape pedagogy and practice in your room, we’d love to talk to you about which of our amazing opportunities would be the best fit for you.
As an Early Childhood Teacher, you’ll inspire a love of learning in children and foster their development through purposeful, intentional teaching practices that are delivered with creativity and energy. You will build meaningful relationships with families, so each child has a strong sense of belonging that supports them to thrive. Your love of teaching will be reflected in how you mentor and guide educational practices in your room, and in your work with the broader centre leadership team to develop, review, and implement high-quality early learning programs, to ensure you’re achieving optimal outcomes for children.
About Goodstart Nuriootpa:
Goodstart Early Learning Nuriootpa is located in the beautiful Barossa Valley among the grape vines of the district. They are tucked away in the quiet of the rural community but still close enough to schools, amenities and transport to be convenient, operating hours 6.30am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday. The centre caters for 75 children aged from six weeks to 5 years.
The centre has forged strong bonds with the local school which is next door to the centre. A great family atmosphere is evident when they all come together to celebrate special events, ensuring that bonds are formed between the children, their families and the centre. They look forward to building and maintaining meaningful and true relationships with all families and children.
What Goodstart can offer you:
- Competitive pay – you’ll get paid well above award and receive a package comparable to state primary school teachers (our Graduate Teacher starting salary is $80,000)
- Teacher accreditation/registration – we offer state-specific support to help you through this process
- 50% discount off your childcare gap fees and 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Paid professional development – we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Teacher mentoring support – dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching, and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our teacher mentoring support team
- Wellbeing focus – you’ll get two wellbeing days included in your personal leave per year
- Additional leave – you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- Retail discounts – you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology
- Uniform allowance and employee referral program
- Security and stability – as Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care and a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families
- Visa sponsorship opportunity available (Qualified ECT only) to live and work in Australia for the right candidates!
- Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Current SA Teachers Registration
- Current SA Working with Children Check and First Aid qualification
If you have previous experience as Teacher in a school or early learning environment, or similar, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.
Have a question? Contact our Talent Acquisition Team on 1800 222 543 or via email
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We’re an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We know that Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We’re also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
Safety is our priority and we will take any action necessary to ensure that all children can feel safe and be safe, and are safeguarded from abuse, neglect and harm. As a Child Safe Organisation, all of our candidates must have or obtain a valid working with children check.
YouTube video link:
Posting Notes: NURIOOTPA || SA || Australia (AU) || | || Bachelor (ECT) 4yr || Full-Time