Job Position: Bottling Line Manager / Cellar Hand – Dr. Island Winemaking Tasmania
Company: Dr. Island Winemaking Tasmania PTY LTD
Expected salary: $65000 – 75000 per year
Bottling Line Manager / Cellar Hand – Dr. Island Winemaking Tasmania Job Details:
The Bottling Line and Sparkling disgorging lines play an integral role in our small, hands on, custom crush facility. We’re seeking someone who can oversee operation of the lines but also jump into the cellar with the winemaking crew during harvest and outside of harvest intermittently throughout the year.
So, If you are handy on the ‘Tools’ and keen to work with winemakers in a Monday-Thursday only production facility, look no further! We invite you to join the dedicated team at Dr. Island Winemaking at our custom crush facility just 10 minutes from Hobart CBD. A privately owned company already achieving excellence in contract production of Traditional Method Sparkling wine, award winning Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs amongst others.
- Liaise with the managing director and winemaking staff to assist in wine production, bottling and packaging of existing clients and own wines (made by us for us).
- Willingness to closely partner with site operations teams to organise production plans for tirage, riddling, disgorging and packaging of sparkling and table wines
- Observe plan and carry out cellar activities on a daily basis, adhere to cellar notes, assist in manual data entry, bottling approvals, operation and clean up of our bottling and disgorging machinery.
- Ensure all wines are stored and maintained according to quality control parameters.
- Assist in bulk wine and raw material inventories, including stocktakes.
- Propose mechanical and cultural changes throughout the cellar and packaging area to maximise quality and overall working experience.
- Support in maintaining best quality practice with Food Safety Programs and OH&S.
Job Requirements • Experience with mechanical packaging lines, ideally table wine or filtered beverage lines.
- Grape processing & Cellar Operation experience ideal but not required.
- High risk license (fork lift) required
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Bottling Line Manager / Cellar Hand – Dr. Island Winemaking Tasmania Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Bottling Line Manager / Cellar Hand – Dr. Island Winemaking Tasmania Vacancies in Australia.