Job Position: Driver Associate
Company: J.D. Irving
Location: Kensington, PE
Driver Associate Job Details:
Kent Building Supplies is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values. Kent is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow in your community. We are currently hiring a full-time Truck Driver for our Kent store.
As a Truck Driver, you will be a part of the team that provides delivery services for our customers displaying the highest standards of safety and excellent customer service. You will be responsible for monitoring truck maintenance and keeping driver’s record requirements such as daily checklist. This job can be physically demanding.
- Deliver materials to private homes and construction sites safely
- Work in the yard and in the store actively helping customers
- Prepare trucks for loading and assist warehouse staff as required
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance and safety
- Maintain contact with dispatch and work to resolve any issues
- Verify load security and accuracy
- Report defects, violations, accidents or injuries
- Act professionally at all times
- Follow all regulations, company policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Proven work experience as a delivery driver
- Valid driver’s license class 5
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, fast-paced, and dynamic workplace
- Self-motivated, punctual, reliable, and safety oriented
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Effective written and oral communication skills (Bilingual English/French will be considered an asset)
- Basic hand tool skills
- Able to do physical work
- A safe work environment
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Full time benefits after probation period including health, drug and dental coverage; disability insurance and RRSP
Interested in a career with Kent? We would love to hear from you!
Please apply online
To learn more about our products and services, click .
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
- Posting Date: Jan 31, 2024
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
Please be cautious of false employment offers from individuals or organizations posing as J.D. Irving, Limited.
J.D. Irving, Limited would never request money from job seekers, nor request personal information beyond what is required for a resume. We routinely report suspicious activities and accounts and we ask anyone who has received messages from a fraudulent account to do the same. If you have questions about the validity of an offer, please contact .
© J.D. Irving, Limited. All rights reserved. ™ is a trademark of Irving Licensing Inc., used under licence.
An outstanding team dedicated to providing the best in products and service.