Job title: Director – Proposal Writing Operations (Remote)
Company: Maximus Services, LLC
Location: McLean, VA
Director – Proposal Writing Operations (Remote) Job Details:
Are you an experienced Director of Proposal Writing who enjoys the challenge of writing proposals and working on a collaborative team? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established company that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? Maximus has an exciting career opportunity for a Director Proposal Writer position within the U.S. Services Business Development Proposals Group.
The primary responsibility of the Director Proposal Writer will be to work a team of proposal writers, the Proposal Manager, Business Development, and Operations personnel to plan and deliver major Health & Human Services proposals to a wide range of State & Local Government clients at locations throughout the U.S. This U.S. remote position is a highly visible role that works closely with senior leadership, capture personnel, and operations management to write, edit, review, and produce winning proposals.
We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. Maximus is dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer an extremely varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects with an opportunity to learn new things every day. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to a team of proposal writers including coaching, evaluating specific bid performance, and leading the proposal writing team for specific bids
- Manage and coach activities of multiple writers and timely writing for responses that are error-free, well-written, and free from inconsistencies, contradictions, and from other bid/client references
- Create compliant, compelling responses for assigned proposal sections/topics including creating charts, tables, appendices, and other information in support of proposal development
- Interview subject matter experts for detailed information for accurate response writing and be able to draft a response from it in a concise, logical manner that meets the RFP requirements
- Assist in developing strategic proposal win themes and discriminators and incorporating into executive summaries and other response sections
- Lead storyboarding of proposal sections in collaboration with capture, proposal management, and other writers
- Create conceptual graphic ideas and collaborate with creative designers for final graphics
- Review and edit proposal responses for consistency, compliance, win theme incorporation, solution accuracy, and other elements during designated review cycles to create the final proposal submission
- Research relevant corporate, project, client, and industry statistics and data in support of creating proposal responses for all Maximus U.S. Services lines of business
- Use various proposal collaboration and document management tools, including SharePoint
- May establish operational objectives and work plans and delegate assignments to subordinates
- Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers
- Experience leading participants on proposal responses from storyboard through final review
- Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Exercise supervision in terms of response development costs, methods, and staffing
- Must have the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
- Contribute to continuous improvement of content and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience as a manager Proposal Writers specifically for State and Local Government solicitations for 10 or more years
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Sharepoint. Additional proposal software is a plus
- Must have advanced writing skills in English including grammar, punctuation, style, and editing
- Strong attention to details and consistency
- Must be proactive, intellectually curious, self-directed, and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Preference for minimum of Bachelor’s degree with major in English, communications, or marketing
- Must perform all work within the United States
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing proposal response team.
- Coordinate with the Business Presidents, VPs and Business. Developers to manage the pipeline, schedule and monitor proposal development activities.
- Support Capture Management in win planning and strategy development.
- Report on department progress, budgets and plans to executive management.
- Coordinate, lead and participate in color team reviews.
- Create and establish processes, procedures and departmental policies.
- Attend all solution calls.
- Create project schedules and present for internal review.
- Create level of effort and cost estimates for implementation.
- Complete project complexity matrix.
- Start risk and issue registers, including risks captured during audits.
- Conduct analysis of original forecasted implementation support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years of related experience.
- 5 years of management experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and inter-personal skills.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate’s education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus’s total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant’s salary history will not be used in determining compensation. Maximus will comply with regulatory minimum wage rates and exempt salary thresholds in all instances.
Apply for the job now!