Job title: Dental Assistant
Company: The Floating Hospital Inc
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Dental Assistant Job Details:
Founded in 1866, The Floating Hospital (TFH), is one of the last remaining charity hospitals in New York City. Our commitment is the same as it was more than 150 years ago: unrestricted healthcare to all who walk through our doors, regardless of immigration and insurance status, or the ability to pay. The Floating Hospital welcomes individuals of all ages, from infants, school age children (5+), youth and adults. TFH is a Federally Qualified Health Center and the largest provider to homeless families living in family shelters and domestic violence safe houses throughout all five boroughs.
Essential duties include:
- Prepare patient, sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, and assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Prepare treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Take Dental x-rays on patients.
- Provide instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provide materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth.
- Maintain patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain dental supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserve dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
Candidate must possess a NYS Dental Assistant certification and have the appropriate certification in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Apply for the job now!