Job title: Furniture Delivery /Furniture Installer / Driver Furniture Mover
Company: Florida’s Decorators Warehouse
Expected salary: $19 – 24 per hour
Location: Bonita Springs, FL
Furniture Delivery /Furniture Installer / Driver Furniture Mover Job Details:
Come join our happy family. The company has been in business for 27 years. We are a furniture receiving/ distribution warehouse. We receive inspect, store, and deliver furniture that interior designers order. We perform household moves, from home to home or pack contents of the residence and bring back for short or long-term storage. We perform Interior designer installations of homes, condos, hotels, clubhouses, offices, and other applications that require moving and storage.
We offer health and dental insurance paid at 75% after 90 days , an evaluation and the opportunity for an increase in pay at 90 days, and a one week’s vacation after one year and two weeks after 5 years. There is a guaranteed end of year bonus offered as well.
We unpackage the furniture, load goods safely, travel to the residence and unload and place as directed, assemble, clean and check all working parts, repair, touch up as necessary and hang artwork using hardware such as wall anchors, tape measure, drill, and other various hand tools which are required to perform required assembly or disassembly tasks by the employee. You will be required to clean, and repair catches, slides, and hinges on drawers. Assemble, and hang using your set of tools. We supply all of the hanging and touch up materials.
If you are top-notch /above all else, have a clean MVR with box truck experience and professional in every way then your starting pay would be $22 – $24 + tips per hour.
If you already have experience in packing, running an inventory, proper loading, building tiers, handling paperwork, clean MVR for the past 3 years, have your own transportation, phone and can run a moving crew then the initial compensation is $19-$21 + tips per hour for the first 90 days.
With little or no experience not able to be added to our insurance or no experience driving a box truck the initial compensation is $ 18.00 + tips per hour for the first 90 days for applicants.
After 90 days then your pay will be increased based on your work performance, customer feedback, co-worker’s feedback, reliability, adherence to company policy, and most important, your attitude. Our customers, as well as our staff, are expecting the BEST customer service!
There is also a possibility of Saturday Work.
Pay is every other Friday. Our work week starts on Tuesday and ends on Monday. Direct deposit is mandatory.
All applicants MUST be able to provide the following:
*Your own transportation
*Previous work experience with contact names/numbers
*Pass a background check
*Clean MVR for the past three years if you are a driver.
*Excellent attitude and team player
*Excellent customer service
We are excited to have this opening available and are looking forward to having the right person join our team. If you are looking for long-term employment with an owner who cares then we may just be the fit that you are looking for.
- Mover / Installers
– Drive to and from moving jobs.
– Greet customer upon arriving at the specified location and complete a walk-through of the premises
– pad wrapping and shrink wrapping furniture using materials to pack customer’s goods. Using dollies and tools.
– Accurately complete paperwork and payment collection
– Provide exceptional customer service as you safely move, pack and unpack customer belongings
– Communicate professionally in English, both verbally and in writing; comfortably interface with the customer
– Work collectively with Customer Service and Dispatch to ensure customer satisfaction.
– Inspects truck for defects before and after trips
-Loading and unloading of trucks
-Work at the warehouse to unload and load household furnishings.
We seek driver candidates with a commitment to customer service and an appreciation for variety in your job!
– Prior moving, van line, furniture delivery, or large package delivery is a plus
– Excellent customer service skills
– Professional attitude and demeanor
– Stamina to lift heavy items (sometimes 100 lbs or more) while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
– Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Responsible, dependable, on time, and honest and happy
- Excellent customer service skills needed
- Good work ethic and professional attitude
- Must stand the heat and able to lift 100+ pounds
- Biweekly pay
- $19 – 24 per hour + cash tips and bonuses.
DIRECTIONS: TAKE BONITA BEACH ROAD FROM 41 OR 1-75 GO TO RACE TRACK ROAD (ENTRANCE TO DOG TRACK) GO TO THE END OF THE STREET TAKE A LEFT ON HARMONY PARK DR. THEN TAKE YOUR FIRST RIGHT (SOUTH CARGO COURT) WE ARE THE 2ND YELLOW BUILDING ON THE LEFT.
Typical end time:
- 4:PM – 5PM
Typical start time:
- 7:45 – 8:30 AM
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 – $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- End of year guaranteed bonus based on performance and length of time employed
- Drivers license (Required)