Job Position: Communications and Marketing Officer – Partnerships and Marketing , Education
Company: Queensland Government
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Communications and Marketing Officer – Partnerships and Marketing , Education Job Details:
Strategic Communication and Engagement (SCE) is seeking an AO5 Communications and Marketing Officer to join the communication and marketing team. The role will work with clients (internal and external) to develop a range of communication and marketing materials and activities that support the department to deliver its core services. A key component of the role will be managing the department’s flagship newsletters using Vision 6. This position is offered on a full-time basis.
Job details Position status Permanent
Position type Flexible full-time
Occupational group Marketing, PR & Communication
Workplace Location Brisbane Inner City
Job ad reference QLD/CO538267/24P
Closing date 25-Jan-2024
Contact person Virginia Bowdidge
Contact details (07) 3328 6652
The Strategic Communication & Engagement (SCE) branch is responsible for the department’s corporate communications, sponsorship and events as well as media and social media. Services provided by SCE ensures that the department has a strategic corporate communications framework and consistent approach to engaging with schools, members of the community, the media, business, and other government agencies.
As Communications and Marketing Officer based in our CBD central office, you will support the people of Queensland through the delivery of key communication and marketing services.
The role provides an exciting opportunity for a competent communications and marketing professional to deliver a range of communications and marketing projects and activities to education and corporate clients.
A crucial part of this role focuses on internal communications through content curation for electronic newsletters using Vision 6. This includes engaging with content creators and approvers, collating and preparing the department’s electronic newsletters and staff messages, including those to support the department’s response to disasters and emergencies. Some after hours and/or weekend work may be required from time to time.
The successful applicant will also undertake ongoing evaluation and refinement of the department’s e-newsletters by collecting and interrogating a range of metrics and making recommendations to improve audience engagement.
Some experience in and knowledge of digital communication and marketing for government services would be advantageous.
- Develop and deliver communication and marketing plans and activities which promote the key policies and programs of the department.
- Undertake communication and marketing tasks including planning, writing and publishing materials that promote a positive image of the department including:
– publications, e-newsletters and other communications and marketing materials
– online, social and digital content
– speeches, media releases, briefing notes and correspondence.
- Oversee the distribution of regular whole of department e-newsletters and broadcast emails for senior departmental leaders including messaging during disaster and emergency management situations
- Identify, prepare and distribute departmental good news.
- Provide advice to internal clients by analysing their specific communication and marketing needs.
About the ideal candidate:
- A minimum of one year delivering government communications and marketing services
- Some experience and knowledge in digital marketing for government services would be advantageous.
- 12.5% superannuation
- flexible work arrangements
- close to public transport
Please refer to the attached role description for any mandatory requirements for this position.
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (referees should have an understanding of your relevant work history)
- Attach a 2-page written statement about how your achievements and capabilities meet the requirements of the role.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
Salary rate shown is reflective of full-time (1.0 FTE).
The Department of Education is a family inclusive workplace.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote and .
For a full list of the position responsibilities and mandatory requirements, please ensure you download the attached role description and candidate information fact sheet and follow the instructions.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Information Package for Applicants
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Communications and Marketing Officer – Partnerships and Marketing , Education Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Communications and Marketing Officer – Partnerships and Marketing , Education Vacancies in Australia.