Job title: College Admissions Counselor
Company: Knovva Academy
Location: Boston, MA
College Admissions Counselor Job Details:
was founded by impassioned and motivated educators with a mission to inspire the next generation of world leaders. Knovva prepares students for success in the 21st century by introducing them to the world using programs that blend a traditional curriculum with hands-on experiential learning and online coursework. Knovva’s mission is to enhance educational opportunities and strengthen 21st-century skills for students globally by leveraging successful partnerships with premier educators, leading businesses, and communities worldwide. Knovva is seeking engaging and dynamic educators to join our college admissions team. They must possess the ability to motivate others and help them acquire the knowledge and learn the skills needed to achieve their highest potential score. The college counseling program is designed to prepare students to be well-equipped with the necessary academic skills and knowledge to stand out and further their education.
College Admissions Counselor
The College Counseling division of Knovva Academy is a boutique, personal, full-service college application service offering customized college planning solutions for students and families.
At Knovva, our college counselors help students explore their college and career options. College counselors assist students as they consider their priorities for their experience in college. Counselors support students in researching options and ensure they complete all the necessary steps in the college application process.
- Roadmap Development: Following internal Knovva protocols the successful candidate will develop a roadmap to college for each client. This includes a holistic view of the student from extra-curricular activities to the selection of school-based coursework.
- Consultations: Initiate, plan, and implement one-on-one private meetings between each student and a college counselor, which will be ongoing throughout the application process.
- College selection: Using data-driven metrics, assist students with matching to their ideal college.
- College essay support: One-on-one session involving multiple rounds of drafting and editing.
- Interview practice and techniques: Mock interviews, practice with different styles of interviewing, and how to handle them.
- Webinars: Plan and deliver webinars on topics such as Applying Early or How to Write a Personal Statement.
- Personal college planning schedule: Using College Planner Pro, the counselor helps families chart the course of the application year, including deadlines for standardized tests, college application due dates, and more.
- Be Proactive: The nature of Knovva Academy’s white-glove service is proactive in nature. The successful candidate will ensure the student is following and engaged with the roadmap to college that Knovva will develop and provide to the student.
- BA or M.Ed in Education or related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with the college counseling process and the requirements to get into top schools
- Support students’ ability to write compelling essays by helping with technical writing or background information in the student’s subject area
- IECA or NACAC certification or certification eligible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an international and multicultural environment
- Extensive experience in the college admission process or attendance at a top 25 college or university with high admissions standards is preferred
- IECA or NACAC certification or certification eligible preferred
- Time zone flexibility – we serve students all over the world, ability to work evenings and weekends is imperative
- Foreign language fluency – Mandarin preferred
- Knovva Academy offers a competitive pay structure commensurate with experience and education.
- Our HR department will have a further discussion with the candidates to make final compensation determinations.
Location of Interview
We can conduct the interview either at our Boston, MA, office or remotely. Our Boston office is located at:
24 School Street, Second Floor, Boston, MA 02210
We also offer options to conduct this interview on Skype/Zoom. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter.
Apply for the job now!