Job Position: Business Group Leader – Environment, Tasmania
Location: Hobart, TAS
Business Group Leader – Environment, Tasmania Job Details:
There’s no pledge more important than the one we make to look after our environment, and we’re committed to helping you do exactly that.
Join us as we strive for a sustainable future for our communities and the world we live in.
Become part of our global network of skilled engineers, scientists, auditors, planners and environmental specialists, all working together to leave this world better than we found it.
Who are we looking for?
We have a leadership opportunity for a Business Group Leader – Environment in Tasmania. You will be leading over 30 staff through an exciting period of major projects, panel bids and strategic growth, with your group working on a broad range of significant projects locally and nationally, delivering services across public and private sectors.
You’re a skilled and experienced leader with an ability to balance the technical delivery of a variety of projects with the operational requirements associated with running a safe and successful team.
You will be able to drive business opportunities within the local market and beyond, as well as deliver a commitment to building a group with strong technical authority and a client-led mindset.
Working with our Operations Manager, multi-disciplinary leadership group and broader service line, this position is your opportunity to lead a significant group of professionals within a global consultancy and will see you involved in:
- Leading and developing our people
- Developing and realising business opportunities and ensuring sustainable growth of the business group’s revenue and commercial performance
- Building and developing relationships with existing and potential clients and partners
- Providing leadership to the group in line with GHD’s values and our purpose
- Building effective relationships with other leaders in the region and nationally as well as more broadly – with Market Leaders and Service Line Leaders in the Environmental market globally.
What you will bring to the team:
- Appropriate degree supported by solid relevant industry and consulting experience
- Engaging and motivating people skills backed by strategic problem-solving capabilities
- Commercially astute with strong project delivery experience, including providing support to Project Directors and Project Managers to deliver outstanding client experiences coupled with both technical and commercial performance on projects.
- Leadership of a team of specialists with a wide range of skills and experience
- Proactive, professional, collaborative and personable approach.
- Effective and proven business development, networking and client relationship management skills.
- Ability to lead, mentor and develop a talented team to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
We will consider applications from any of our Tasmanian offices – Hobart, Launceston or Burnie.
Interested? Apply now.
To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and your CV by 29th January 2024.
Contact: Paul Inglis
Ph +61 3 8687 8619 (after 15th January).
GHD is an equal opportunity employer, and we want everyone to be able to fully participate in our recruitment process. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of all identities.
GHD embraces hybrid work arrangements to create a work environment focused on well-being, flexibility and productivity where our people can thrive. This supports the diverse needs of our workforce while balancing the benefits of remote working with the value of face-to-face collaboration in the office.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
About Us: Come together and make a meaningful impact.
We bring our people together to create something bigger and solve some of the world’s most complex problems. Come and experience the power of commitment and see strategy and ideas come to life when you join GHD.
Let’s drive real change.
Our Pledge to You
At GHD, we don’t just believe in the power of commitment, we live and breathe it every day.
That’s why we pledge to empower our people to make a positive impact. Combining our deep technical expertise with the capabilities of our clients and partners, we respond to some of the most complex challenges facing our planet today.
See where your commitment could take you.
That’s the #PowerOfCommitment
Who we are
GHD is a global professional services company that leads through engineering, architecture, and construction expertise. We are an employee-owned company with over 11,000 diverse and skilled individuals, across more than 200 offices spanning five continents.
The Power of Commitment is our brand promise. It’s what makes us different. We are bound to our stated vision and determination to address humanity’s most urgent needs: to make water, energy and urbanisation sustainable for generations to come.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Business Group Leader – Environment, Tasmania Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Business Group Leader – Environment, Tasmania Vacancies in Australia.